3rd Trimester
Options

can coughing cause bh or regular contractions?

I posted last night about having a really bad cold and late last night along with today, I've been experiencing some pretty intense but short bh contractions and period like cramping really low. I've had bh before(mine have been up in my upper abdomen lately, but these are a bit different), and it seems like they come and go with my coughing episodes. Has anyone ever heard of this? My back and chest are already killing me from coughing so much the past 4 days, and now adding this cramping and tightening to it is making me very uncomfortable.

Married My Best Friend On May 23rd, 2009
Our Little Man is Finally Here!!!
<a href="http://s292.photobucket.com/albums/mm29/nrb0509/?action=view

Re: can coughing cause bh or regular contractions?

• Options
    I'm not sure, but I know I've had some painful straining feelings when I've coughed suddenly a few times.  All of the abdominal muscles contract when you cough so it's likely a chain reaction.  Drink a lot of water and try not to resist when you cough - bend over, sit, or curl up a bit and see if that helps.  
  • Options

I would say it is definitely possible for BH. I'm not sure about the reg contrax. But if you are having period like cramping I would definitely talk to your doc. Are they consistent at all?

Are you dehydrated from being sick. Try to drink quite a bit and lie down and see if that helps.

Good luck!

~Christina S~ EST: 9/27/08        *May 2015 Jan. Signature Challenge-
                                                     You had one job- Parents magazine

BFP-3/17/14 --M/C 4/25/14

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My co-worker's wife was coughing so hard her water broke the day before her scheduled C-section. So yes, this can set things in motion.

Dx: PCOS and short luteal phase
    18 cycles (3 with our RE) - Metformin + Clomid + HCG booster did the trick!
    BFP #1 6/22/09 EDD: 3/2/10 DS born: 3/8/10

TTC #2 since Dec 2011
    BFP #2 7/8/12 EDD: 3/18/12 M/C @ 9w1d: 8/16/12

• Options
    My doctor put me in the hospital for bronchitis this past week because he was worried I would possibly throw myself into labor due to coughing so hard and frequently and of course he didn't want me to get any worse so he put me on IV antibiotics and monitored me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"