2nd Trimester
Options

Asymptomatic yeast infection WWYD?

When my labs came back from my 1st OB appointment, they said I had a mild yeast infection and I could take Monistat if it was bothering me, but if it wasn't just to not worry about it.  I have my next appointment this week.  Should I ask them to check if its gone away?  I've had no symptoms and don't want to take unnecessary medications, but I don't want to sit around growing fungus either.  
Photobucket

Bar tab = $156,000, Bus to Foxwoods = $0, Puking in the Stanley Cup = Priceless

Re: Asymptomatic yeast infection WWYD?

• Options
    mine were always asymptomatic, then they would get worse and I would itch--I would cut back on your sugar and drink lots of water, wait it out and have them check again. Or if you feel worse take monistat--just dont take les than the 7 day one, they dont work while pg GL
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Eat yogurt and I bet it will clear itself up. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'd ask them about it.
  • Options

This is my specialty (sadly) - I used to have chronic YIs in college.  Monistat, Diflucan, etc. did nothing for me.

I would strongly recommend changing your diet for a couple of weeks - it truly cured me (permanently).  Completely avoid the following to the best of your ability as they all encourage the growth of yeast:

Alcohol (should be no problem, lol)

Cheese

Nuts

Sugar

High-sugar fruits

tea & coffee

white starches (they break down as sugar)

risen bread

Concentrate on eating meats, vegetables, unrisen bread (like tortillas, pitas and matzoh), whole grains instead of white starches.  Opt for fruits that are lower in sugar.  Use Stevia as a sweetener instead of sugar.  Eat plain yogurt sweetened with stevia or low cal yogurt with the lowest sugar content you can find.  (Everyone tells you to eat yogurt, but if you eat it with 30+ grams of sugar or whatever from the fruit they add, it negates the acidopholis in the yogurt - kind-of a waste).

It's a pain and no fun but it truly works, and frankly it's very healthy for you.  Good luck!

• Options
    Oh man...I think I might die without sugar and starches.
    Photobucket

Bar tab = $156,000, Bus to Foxwoods = $0, Puking in the Stanley Cup = Priceless

• Options

imageDreamsicle23:
    Oh man...I think I might die without sugar and starches.

It's totally worth it if you avoid a full-blown YI, and you can totally avoid drugs!

I used to make substitutes so I didn't miss that stuff.  Instead of toast at breakfast I'd make and egg and roll it up in a tortilla.  Chicken salad in a pita was a godsend, you can do that.  The stevia is a great sweetener - but if you can't find it or don't like it at least opt for Equal or something instead of sugar.  (I usually avoid artificial sweeteners but it's better than sugar if you have a YI)

It's doable, I swear!  :)

• Options
    My YI's have been asymptomatic so far too.  I would try to change your diet first, but would definitely ask the doc at your next visit.  You don't want to go on for too long without it being treated one way or another.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"