Babies on the Brain

I don't get it

Standing in Times Square.  Why?  Let's list the reasons it sucks, shall we?

1. You have to get there at 4pm to get in a pen.
  2. Yes, a pen.  Like a corral.  You can't get out.  Even to pee.
  3. No alcohol, no backpacks and again, no peeing.
  4. This year is 35*.  Last year? Just above 0*. Enough said.
  5. After it is over?  You are still in Times Square and you are competing with 1 million others for a cab.

Fvck that.  I have never gone and never will.

photo db44578a-7b8c-4755-ad7b-b5de3ca46717.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I don't get it

• This is one of the things that is on my list of things I never care to do.
  • Yeah, no fricken thank you.

Lock me in and don't let me pee? I hope you didn't wear nice shoes, cause I'm gonna pee on them.

• Loading the player...
  • There were all these jackasses on the news today saying "It's a once in a lifetime thing!"

Really?  Last time I checked this happened EVERY DECEMBER 31st! 

• But for us (ok, I can only speak for me) who are from small "no where" towns..just WATCHING it on TV is freakin' amazing. I remember it being one of my first memories, and some of my favorite- from when my Mom was still around and well, I would cause we watched it every year...and to be apart of the tradition that we watched....(yeah, I know, it sounds stupid)

. Would I do itn ow (at this current age?- no)...would I have done it prebaby- HECK YA...

but for me, nostalgia....

One Beautiful Gift Delivered 11/08 One Beautiful Angel 8/10 4 Clomid/Ovidril/IUIs= Negative 2 Gonal F/Ovidril/IUIs= Negative Please Lord, I love this baby already, we are ready when You are.
  • However, after reading this post..maybe not. I didn't know the "rules"...

hmm. food for fodder..

One Beautiful Gift Delivered 11/08 One Beautiful Angel 8/10 4 Clomid/Ovidril/IUIs= Negative 2 Gonal F/Ovidril/IUIs= Negative Please Lord, I love this baby already, we are ready when You are.
  • Awwwwww,  Iowa!  That's sweet.  As far as I am concerned TS is the pit of Hades.  Stick out tongue  Well, maybe not as much now, since they closed Bway and put out lounge chairs in the summer.  But still.

• That sounds like pure torture.
  • imageweelass24:
    Awwwwww,  Iowa!  That's sweet.  As far as I am concerned TS is the pit of Hades.  Stick out tongue  Well, maybe not as much now, since they closed Bway and put out lounge chairs in the summer.  But still.

alright- I have not thought those thoughts in a LONG time. 

I better step away before I start crying...I miss my Mom. wow- memories

Happy 2010! 

• It is one of the things I would like to experience...and, yet, I know I would *** about it the entire time I was there. :)
  • I just saw a picture of TS on TV and it looks my own personal version of hell.
  • I don't know what is worse --- no alcohol or no peeing..

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Show me a penthouse over looking Times Square, with a cozy fire, and stocked with alcohol, and we'll talk.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • This year you get to party with snooki and the cast of jersey shore though.

No really, I totally agree with you, I never had a desire to do it, and hope I never have to.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I can't believe that they'd make that many people go without peeing for 8 hours.  There must be a loophole somehow. 
    Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • One word: diapers.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"