Parenting
Options

Have you and your H ever broken up?

M and I broke up for two weeks when we had been dating for almost three years.  He had gone to the beach with some guy friends, kissed a girl, and wanted to "see what else was out there."

I spent the first week at home at my parent's house moping, then came back to my apartment and spent the week living it up with my girlfriend.  I went on a blind date, it got back to him, he called me, blind date guy was at my house, I told him I'd have to call him back, I was busy.  He shows up on my doorstep the next night with a big, fat "I'm sorry."

Kill all my demons and my angels might die too. -Tennessee Williams

You take my ovaries, I take your yarns.

Re: Have you and your H ever broken up?

• Options
    For 2 days. We met in Copenhagen and were good friends for 3 years (I was dating someone else). After the other guy and I broke up DH and I started dating, then he moved from Chicago to Boston 4 months later to be with me (his idea). About a month after moving here he broke up with me in a fit of insanity/crisis over moving across country. It was a very dramatic 2 days - in a fit of pique I went with my ex to a Dave Mathews concert (LOL), but then all was fine after his temporary insanity ended.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

No but we almost didn't get married because of a fight I had w/ him about 2 weeks before our wedding.

I told him if he couldn't control his mother and her crazy, I refused to marry him.  I didn't want that dynamic of bossy MIL invading my life.

He figured out how to control her.  ;)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    In our early 20's I screwed up and we split for almost a year. I'm glad he took me back because he's the best father and hubby one could have.
  • Options

Once, in high school, for a couple of weeks.

He walked out once when we were married--left, refused to answer his phone, but ended up coming home that night. I don't exactly remember what the fight was about, but I am sure I was being a total *** and he was being an immature jackass. 

• Options
    Nope.  We almost did once, but we worked it out.
  • Options
    Twice in the 7 years we dated. First was a few months after we met. I did a study abroad to Australia and we barely knew each other. He came to visit and after he left he got paranoid I was seeing someone. We broke up and then got back together about a month after I got back. #2 was just a rough time. We were living together and working together. It was a relationship overload. We broke up for about 2 months and it sucked. A ton of rumors were flying around work and we went back to his apartment to straighten it all out. It got straightened out all right :). That was about 10 years ago.
    imageimageimage
  • Options

lol...no- but I had plans to dump him when I moved to brooklyn.

he got the last laugh there, and still teases me about it.

• Options

The first year we started dating he broke up with me 5 times. (He was recently separated and had 8 tons of baggage) When he did, I 100% ignored him but cried like a baby. Then he would call me and beg to come back. On the 6th time, I dumped his ass. This time when he begged, we stayed together.He went to therapy.

for YEARS I dreamed about him dumping me, it was awful. 

• Options
    No but a few months after we got married we went through a rough period after I had found him to be dishonest about several things. If we hadn't been married I really think I would have broken up with him. Since we were married I decided to work it out with him and I am so glad we did!
    Liam is 5!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Yes...I moved to Italy for a semester & we broke up at the beginning of my time there & got back together when I got home.
    AKA Carol*Brady! IHO my upcoming 10yr Nestiversary--Back to old screenname. My own Marsha, Jan & Cindy... imageDesigning a Life Blog
  • Options
    Yes.  We'd been dating roughly 2 yrs and he thought I was a "bump on a log" who wasn't into anything.  Because it was my tenure year of teaching and I was going through grad school:)  NO time for anything else.  The weird thing is that he's the homebody and I'm not. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"