TTC After a Loss
Options

Our first cat has FIV (feline aids)

So sad!

She was a stray kitten that was sick when we took her in. She got over her cold really quickly and has been healthy ever since. We had no idea she had FIV.

She and our other kitten are both indoor cats, so we're hoping to keep her healthy as much as possible and avoid any possible infections. But its heartbreaking to know that this is what will probably get her in the end. :( 

Oh, Baby Bean! We will always miss you! With us for 6w3d -- June 9, 2008.
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
2 years of TTC, Seeing RE Feb 09, 2 medicated TI cycles - BFNs, 3 medicated IUIs - BFNs, back to medicated TI cycles until IVF approval, IVF approved in March 2010. BFP on last medicated TI cycle.
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Our first cat has FIV (feline aids)

• Options
    I am sorry.Sad
    ~Married- 10.20.2007~ TTC Since- 4.3.2009 ~BFP#1- 8.25.2009 ~ Missed M/C and D&C-10.9.2009 ~BFP#2-8.12.2010 ~ EDD- 4.20.2011~ It
  • Options

I'm so sorry to hear this.  It's an awful disease, but there are plenty of cases that have a good quality of life, even though it may be shorter than normal.  One of my first cats in high school had FIV, and I suppose it got him in the end, but he did well for a while.

Is your other kitten negative?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

That's so sad, I'm so sorry.

She's lucky to have you as parents so she'll get the best life possible.

• Options
    I'm sorry. That's really rough, but they can live a wonderful life even if it may be shorter than normal.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    That is so sad...I am so sorry!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear that about your kitty.
    Pregnancy Ticker dx Hypothyroidism 11/08 BFP #1 10.12.09, Missed m/c at 11 wks 3 days measuring 9 wks, no hb D&C 12.01.09 BFP #2 11.22.11...Summer Elizabeth Born 11.29.11! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear that.  DH had a cat that he took in as a stray.  She already was FIV+ when he had her tested.  She lived to be 12 years old and it was only the last few months of her life that she started to go downhill.  It was was pretty bad at the end, but I think it could have been a lot better for her if we had been more educated about how to treat her. She was a really cool cat and still had a good life.
  • Options
    Oh, no :-( I'm so sorry your kitty is sick.
  • Options

Thanks ladies. Our other cat is negative, which is good. He's a biter (only a kitten), but we are scheduled to have him neutered next week, so we're hoping that will ease his overzealous biting habit, which will then in turn keep her from playing too rough with him.

She's always been the quiet relaxed cat! 

Oh, Baby Bean! We will always miss you! With us for 6w3d -- June 9, 2008.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    2 years of TTC, Seeing RE Feb 09, 2 medicated TI cycles - BFNs, 3 medicated IUIs - BFNs, back to medicated TI cycles until IVF approval, IVF approved in March 2010. BFP on last medicated TI cycle.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"