Breastfeeding
Options

Did my boobs suddenly stop producing TODAY???

So, I BF LO twice last evening, and pumped a good amount this morning.  When I went to pump again about 4 hours later ... I got NOTHING.  Not even out of my 'good breast'.  NOTHING.  Well, just a few cc's of milk out of my right one, and nothing out of my left one (which is my 'good' breast).

Is it possible that my breasts stopped producing, or is this just a production glitch of some sort.

Re: Did my boobs suddenly stop producing TODAY???

• Options
    pumps aren't as good about removing milk as babies are. Also, you might not have let down when pumping.
  • Options
    I agree with precious poster. The first couple of weeks I was super with pumping. Now I can only get an ounce or two at a time, but DS is growing like a weed.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Yeah, I have some times pumping I get like 1 oz, and other times it feels the same before I pump, and I can get 3-3.5 oz.

I think it has alot to do with stimulation and let down. Also, drinking cold ice water while pumping/nursing helps my let down ALOT.

• Options
    Don't stress, your body wouldn't stop making milk--it knows it has a 2 week old to feed! Just don't worry too much about the pump. Sometimes your breasts just don't respond to it as well. I'm sure LO is still getting plenty.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"