Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Best Call Ever!

I actually felt that this call was coming.

Me: Hello?

Bride: is it true?

Me: Excuse me?

Bride: Don't be coy Hedi (the most drawn out version of my short name)

Me: I don't undertsand.

Bride: My mother saw you in the baby department of Nordstrom!  Is it true?  Are you having a  baby?  My wedding is in August!  Are you going to be there?  Should I make other plans?  Is it TRUE??

Me: I don't know what you're talking about.

Bride: (sigh of relief) oh thank god.  I almost freak the *** out!

Me: Yeah, I saw that.  No we're good.

Put out that fire right??? Skills people mad skills.  WTH and I going to do?  I just lied to her FACE with no regard.  I lied to her mom too when she cornered my mom and me at Nordstroms.  crap-I'm actually quite scared of this raging 100 lbs of crazy.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Best Call Ever!

• Options

My initial response is WTF?  Um couldnt she be happy for you instead of freaking over her wedding. 

Selfish brat, I say.

• Options

no you've done it.

You've lied to a crazed bride.  geesh.

The wedding will go on...  right??

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Yikes! 

I probably would have done the same thing... now you have time to think about what you'll say later.

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

miscarriage at 8 weeks - August 2009
  • Options

THIS is also what I would like to do with her... but I"m not that small and graceful anymore....

• Options
    imageabartane:

My initial response is WTF?  Um couldnt she be happy for you instead of freaking over her wedding. 

Selfish brat, I say.

This is excatly what my first reaction was.

• Options
    imageabartane:

Selfish brat, I say.

Are you kidding?  Brides don't give a rats a$$ about your life.  It's the most selfish time of their lives and your the orchestrator.  She could care less.  Given the choice of having the right color Peony and saving the life of a small child she'd pick the Peony EVERY.TIME!

• Options

I say when you tell her that you fake apologize for lying to her and launch into a long sob story about loss and pregnancy and how you didn't have the heart to believe you would be so lucky... plus, being that her wedding was your top priority (whatever) you knew you'd take care of her....

Then you press charges against her for being a selfish ho.

• Options
    This is totally something I would do. Which is why half the world just foudn out I was pg via facebook because I couldn't keep it quiet any longer ... but I could neither tell it to people's faces.
  • Options
    Oh I'm totally pulling the miscarraige card. For sure.  I won't get out of it alive if I don't.  Then I'll make a sad face.
  • Options

Chick is bananas..  IS IT TRUE?  Um, simmer down ..  for serious.

She should be happy for you

• Options

I'm in a wedding in late July which would put me at 8 months fat.  I think I'm going to volunteer to NOT be in the wedding because I don't think bridezilla will want a whale standing there.  My husband is also in the wedding so idk if he'll be in it after this because she only put me in it to make the number of people even.  

We're holding off after the first trimester to tell her as well, hoping not to tell anyone until March actually which should still leave enough to order the dress if anything happens.  ughhhhhhh 

~*BFP 12/19----Saw heartbeat at 6W 1D, natural miscarriage 1 week later*~ ~*BFP 7/01----Saw the heartbeat at 8W, No heartbeat and DNC 8/22*~ ~*BFP 3/20----Natural Miscarriage 4/10*~ 2/3/10- I was diagnosed with lupus anti-coagulant antibodies, which has been a factor in my multiple miscarriages.
    Once Upon a Princess Tutus
    My Life as a Future Mom
  • Options

Dear Bridezilla,

I'm sorry I lied, but my world doesn't revolve around you and your wedding. I tried REALLY hard to avoid getting KU just so I could be there for YOU. Oops. Life goes on. I will have my baby and you will get married. We both win. Best wishes!

Sincerely,

Your knocked up former bridesmaid,

Big Smile

Oct 2008 m/c #1 5 weeks, May 2009 m/c #2 4w5d. BFP 6/23/09 EDD 3/8/10!
    You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you stop to look fear in the face. -Eleanor Roosevelt
    After 1 year of TTC#2 BFP May 2011 m/c #3 4w2d. Off to RE.

Round 1: Femara + Ovidrel +TI = BFP! EDD 2/20/12
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    2IF does not always equal 3IF...Surprise!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Wow. Glad ONE day of her life is more important than the rest of your life.
  • Options

Yep just pull the m/c card.  I would have been 9 months pg at my friends wedding back in Oct but God had other plans.  Just tell her when your ready, you are growing a baby and....she's just getting married. Smile

• Options
    Totally agree with everyone!!!  That is crazy, I'm actually coordinating a wedding on August 1st but I still haven't told them... at least they live about 7000 miles away from me!!!  But yeah I lived to DH's grandma and got caught... oops, oh well!!
    BFP #1: 10/17/08 EDD: 6/24/09-missed m/c; d&c on 12/8/08 BFP #2: 11/7/09 EDD: 7/15/10-Cabe born on 7/9/10 BFP #3: 10/7/11 EDD: 6/20/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker A Butterfly lies beside us like a sunbeam and for a brief moment, its beauty and glory belong to our world. But then it flies on again. And though we wish it could have stayed we feel so lucky to have seen it. In loving memory of MrsTyson's precious Julia.
  • Options

I don't see that you did anything wrong! I would've done the same thing! T

echnically you're due in July, so if you really wanted to go you could... (assuming it's local, I suppose). Plus what is she going to do? Reschedule her wedding?! I mean really!

Tell her when you're ready. Smile

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"