Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Question about going off pill

I am not pg, but haven't had my period in 3 months.  So, my dr. told me to go off the pill for a while and see what happens.   It's been about two weeks.  How long did it take you to get your period after you went off the pill? I have no idea what to expect.

TIA!

Re: Question about going off pill

• Options

It can take awhile for your body to regular--some say a year.

If you reach CD60 without a period, call your doctor. They usually prescribe provera to induce a period and try to "jump start" your cycle again. Sometimes it works, but sometimes it doesn't help regulate.

imageimage
  • Options
    I went off it for a bit about a year and a half ago because I didn't get it one month and thought I was pregnant. I wasn't, but my period didn't come for three months.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I didn't get mine for about 2 months.
  • Options
    I got mine a few days after I went off BCP. 

imageimage

~SAIF/PAIF/Everyone Welcome~ 

Me= 37 and DH = 41 

Dx: DOR, Endo, APA+ (really high beta 2 glycoprotein antibody and high everything else tested), heterozygous MTHFR mutation, positive for lupus anticoagulant, high FSH, low AMH and both tubes blocked (per HSG on 3/8/11)

IVF #1 - long lupron (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 4 retrieved, 3 fertilized; ET 2 blasts and 1 frozen = BFN

IVF #2 - a version of antagonist with EPP (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 blasts and 1 frozen blast transferred on day 5 = BFN.

IVF #3 April was postponed to May, May was canceled. June/July was canceled. Had a cyst aspiration and then began IVF #3 in August. ER on 8/22; ET on 8/24 with AH. +HPT on 9/5. Beta #1 (11dpo) = 3; Beta #2 (15dpo) = 29; Beta #3 (17dpo) = 60; Beta #4 (19 dpo) = 118. Heartbeat at 6 weeks 6 days =132.  Lil is here!

TTC#2:  Trigger + TI = BFN; Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN.

IVF #4:  BCP + MDLF + Lovenox = 7R, 1F = Transferred 1 6-cell embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #5:  MDLF + Lovenox = 4R, 1F = Transferred 1 10-cell compacting embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #6:  (New RE):  Long Antagonist November 2014 (transferred two 8 cell grade 1 embryos and froze one blast) = BFN

FET#1:  BFN

• Options
    imageMrsSummitCounty:

It can take awhile for your body to regular--some say a year.

If you reach CD60 without a period, call your doctor. They usually prescribe provera to induce a period and try to "jump start" your cycle again. Sometimes it works, but sometimes it doesn't help regulate.

Thanks for your help, ladies.  What is CD60?  I'm pretty clueless, sorry!

• Options

CD=cycle day CD1 would be the first day of AF (red flow)

When you FIRST come off the pill, you should get withdrawl bleeding in a few days. Then your cycles could take a while to regulate and you could potentially have longer or shorter than normal cycles.

If you haven't had a period at all since you came off the pill, you should probably call your doctor pretty soon.

My Blog

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    SAIF Always Welcome
    Diagnosed with PCOS: 10/03, On BCP to "treat" until: 7/09
    Provera to end Cycles 1-9 (anovulatory)
    Cycle #4 & 5: Clomid 50 mg FAIL
    RE Visit: 2000 mg Metformin
    Cycle 6:Forced Break, looking for androgen secreting tumor
    Cycle 7:Clomid CD 3-10, 12-17 FAIL
    Cycle 8: Clomid CD 3-10, Bravelle CD 12-24 Hyperstimmed
    New RE: Put on Byetta, lost 23 lbs
    Cycle 9: Financial Break
    Cycle 10: Femara CD 3-7, IUI CD 17 BFP on 2/14/11, m/c 3/7/11
  • Options
    My first cycle off the pill the first time was 47 days. My first the second time (now that we are TTC#2) was 40 days.

• Options
    When I went of BC it took me 3 moths the first time (2007) and 6 months the second time (2009). The longer I was on BC the longer it took my body to adjust to not being on it.
  • Options
    I stopped taking BC in July and my first cycle was 38 days. I'm still averaging about 34 days since then. GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"