Austin Babies
Options

m_and_m? and any other BLWers

m_and_m, you do baby led weaning with H, right?  I had intended to read up on it, but all of my reading time has been consumed with reading about infant sleep and here Kate is 6 months old already!  What do you do for iron if you aren't giving cereal?  Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: m_and_m? and any other BLWers

• Options
    We also did BLW. There are a lot of foods that contain iron - leafy greens, egg yolk, dried fruit, backstrap molasses, red meat, etc. I don't remember exactly how much iron a 6-12 month old needs but I remember it being less that what I was expecting so I didn't really fret too much about it.
  • Options

I'm not sure if we did blw, but I let him nurse until he was done with it. We never gave supplements :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    we did BLW too and i didn't do anything special about iron. he tested fine for his iron levels @ 9 mos.
  • Options
    Black beans!! DD didn't get any meat or leafy greens until after a year, but she would (and still does) eat black beans by the can. Just make sure you rinse them off first, to lower the sodium. Of all her crazy messed up levels (vitamin D, liver enzymes, etc) iron was not one of them.
  • Options
    Excellent!  Thanks ladies.
  • Options
    sweet potatoes have iron (and lots of other great goodness) in them.
  • Options
    We mostly did BLW.  I say mostly because I was worried about iron in the beginning--when he was mainly just playing with the food and not eating it--so I gave him cereal mixed with yogurt and applesauce in the a.m.  It didn't affect his willingness to eat solids at other meals.  And so far he is a fantastic little eater.  Tonight he ate artichokes and olives for the first time and loved 'em. Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"