Adoption
Options

Biracial Child Adoption?

Hi ladies! Hope you guys are preparing to ring in 2010!!

Oh boy, we;ve been busy. There's so much to read and so many agency choices to go through before picking out an agency that we like. I think we have narrowed down to a few that we want to dig deeper to further narrow down our choices.

I never asked this before on the board, I thought maybe I should ask just in case someone has an answer. You guys have been tremendous help in getting us through the journey of adoption.

Are there any specific agencies that are specialized or have more biracial children for adoption? I'm curious to see if there are any. DH is Caucasian (blonde hair, blue eyes) while I'm Asian/Malaysian (black hair, brown eyes). So far, we've decided that we would be open to any nationality or race of a child for adoption. It never occured to me to seek out biracial children that are half Caucasian and half Asian until one of my friend asked if I was specifically looking for that. I was stunned for awhile, then realize that it might be a good idea to ask you guys.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Biracial Child Adoption?

• Options

Hmmmmm.... I would think that some agencies tend to have more of a certain race maybe based on geography. We saw this with some NA cases especially. I would say that out of the 30 cases or so we saw, only one had any part Asian in the mix. We saw several AA/CC cases or CC/H or CC/NA and then a combination of all those. Could just be the agencies we worked with, though? 

• Options
    Like PSU said I think it has to do with location.  I also think that in general you'll find more AA/CC or full AA babies for adoption.  If you're open to morer races you should have a shorter wait.  Good Luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"