Cincinnati Babies
Options

Noah - 1 Stroller - 0

As you can tell from the title of my post....Noah won the battle against the stroller recently.  DH and I tried to go do some shopping last night and Noah absolutely refused to sit in his stroller.  We'd try to put him in and he'd kick and arch his back making in impossible to buckle him in.  It took both of us to finally get him in and once he was he screamed and nothing would calm  him.  We ended up taking him out and he was instantly happy, so we just let him walk around the store while one of us followed behind pushing his empty stroller.

He has become extremely independent recently.  He doesn't care to be held or cuddled, just wants to be free to roam wherever he pleases.  At home...fine, in a store..not so much!  He seems to do okay at the grocery or other stores with carts, but that's not always a possibility.  If we do get him in the stroller we have to constantly give him puffs to keep him happy!

I always said I'd never do it, but has anyone ever used a backpack harness?  I completely agree with the idea behind them.  It would give him the freedom he wants, but still keeps him safe.  But I'm having a hard time going to buy one because I know I'll get looks....like I've got my kid on a leash like a dog.  Any suggestions?

Re: Noah - 1 Stroller - 0

• Options

I'm planning on getting one soon. I decided the hell with what other people think, I'm not going to deal with him trying to break free and run at a place like the zoo. Too many people around.

Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
    Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
    Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
    Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56
  • Options
    My sister used one a couple of times at the mall.  I wished I had one yesterday when I had two toddlers and one single stroller at Kenwood yesterday.  I totally pissed of a babyGap worker when my niece got away from me for a minute.  I do not judge ppl who use them :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I got the monkey backpack from walmart. super cute. the problem is that sophia refuses to even stand up when she has it on. :) I am hoping she grows out of that because it would be super helpful when we are out and about.
  • Options
    I found that stroller happiness comes and goes.  Niko will still sit in the jogging stroller for a neighborhood stroll and will also sit in a stroller if we are shopping.  When he was your son's age, not so much :)  So there are phases of stroller like and dislike.
    Married 12.27.03

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I used the monkey backpack harness on DD for a couple years with no problems at all.  DS, not so much. He screams with it on and acts the same way at the grocery store.  It's a pain, but I have to get a babysitter anytime I want to go to the store.  If I can't get a sitter, I try to go at times when it isn't as busy and he can walk around. I hope both our kids grow out of this soon.
  • Options
    Oh yeah! I forgot about the monkey backpack.  We used that during the dislike stroller phase :) 
    Married 12.27.03

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"