Upstate NY Babies
Options

I know I'm the last person that should post on here...

But hello ladies! DH and I (after everything we've been through) are finally "ready" and actively TTC. I need to pick your brains for a minute.

I have short cycles. Like 25-26 days, never over 26. Does this mean O day is 12 days back instaed of 14?

Has anyone had luck with OPKs? I suck at temping, but pay attention to CM...I'd like to pinpoint a cycle day to know when I o'ed.

Thanks for letting me pick your brains during this part of the process. hopefully you guys don't mind. I like asking you guys the "more involved" questions than the national boards.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: I know I'm the last person that should post on here...

• Options

If your cycles are pretty regular, it is likely that your O day might be earlier.. but its not for sure.. some people have a shorter luteal phase which is the time from O to AF..

The best way to know if you HAVE already Oed is temping.. but to predict it ahead of time (which is best obviously to know when to try to get pregnant) OPKs and checking CM are useful. I always used the cheapie OPK strips from the internet or the kind you can buy in the store that are just like 20 little strips in a tube. The ones that only have 7 bug me, because sometimes 7 aren't enough.. I would take 2 a day sometimes when I thought it was getting close to o.

Good luck

Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Options

It's hard to tell an actual O date without temping...even OPKs will tell you when your body is gearing up to O...but can't give you confirmation.

If temping isn't really for you...I would just have sex every other day from say day 8 to 16. This is a more "relaxed" way of trying...a little less dependent on all the other tools that can really start to stress you out and put the pressure on.

Good luck!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't have any advice as for temping or taking OPKs because I didn't do either - we just had sex every other day, but I just wanted to say hi and good luck and I hope things go well for you :o
  • Options

imagegibbysgal:
    I don't have any advice as for temping or taking OPKs because I didn't do either - we just had sex every other day, but I just wanted to say hi and good luck and I hope things go well for you :o

Hey doll! Thanks!

Thanks ladies for the help. I should really temp too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    With my first pregnancy I temped for 3 cycles and paid attention.  It wasn't too bad.  With this one I paid attention to CM and we just had sex every other day around the time I *thought* I would O.  My cycles were very regular though.  I wouldn't put too much pressure on yourself to begin with.  Just go with the flow and HAVE FUN!  Good luck!
    DD1: 3/31/10 DD2: 9/7/11
  • Options

I am very happy for you and your dh, you sure had a rough road and seem to be doing so much better (and this I assume from your postings!)!

I know this sounds odd to know, but my boss O's on cd 8...she has very short cycles but her lutal phase is still 14 days. I would use the internet cheapie OPKs like Melissa mentioned, you can always pick up a clear blue easy fertility monitor as well. You can find those and the sticks on ebay, but they do cost more than the IC ones. The CBEFM is used from cd6 ish up until you O, it gives you a better picture of what your body is up to!

That all being said, it took my OB telling me I was fertal during my annual to get my kid! lol I used all of the above, IUI's, all the tricks and it was her telling me to go home and get busy after she examined me that finally worked! 

Good luck and keep it as simple as possible, or you will drive yourself and your dh crazy!

• Options
    Email or FB your address and I'll send you a bunch of cheapie OPKs.  Since we decided to use a trigger with our IUIs I never had a need for the OPKs.  GL!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

hey! how exciting for you :)

I am an avid charter....I don't use BC. I use the creighton method for NFP and it focuses on CM no temperature taking involved.  I did use to use the Sympto-thermal method which required temperature taking, but I found it hard taking temps at the same time every day when I flip flopped working nights and days at work. There are other factors too that can throw off your temperatures which can make them faulty....i.e sickness, drinking alcohol.

I can usually pinpoint to the day when I 'O" by watching my cervical fluid and I also get the ovulating pain too which is a huge marker (also known as mittleschmertz). The more you chart the more you will see patterns of when you "O"  Seminal fluid can also mask itself to look a lot like fertile CM, but there IS a difference.  Good luck and ask away if you have any more questions.

imageimageimage
  • Options
    I have short cycles too. (22-25 days) I've found temping the most helpful because my CM doesn't always correspond with what my temps are telling me.
  • Options
    No advice, as my cycles were 40+ days long, but good luck!!! and hopefully we can get together soon!
    imageimage PHOTO Credit: Meryl :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

You should read Taking Charge of Your Fertility- it's a great resource- and if you need to, it helps you figure out temping.

From what I understand, it's pretty standard that your ovulation occurs and 14 days later your AF arrives (unless, of course, you get pg). I think it's called the leuthal phase- though I can't remember- the amount of time after ovulation to the end of your cycle is constant- it's the time between the beginning of your cycle and ovulation that can change.

HTH.

Brigit, Mom to Alex, Isabelle and Charlotte, Widow to Earl
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"