Boston Babies

Mass General

Hello

Anyone deliver at Mass General?  I met with a a great high risk OB and think I will go there for my next pregnancy.  Hopefully that will be soon!  I lost a baby at 18 weeks in early November.

Thanks.

Re: Mass General

• I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.  I'm not at Mass General but I wanted to throw out the Pregnant After A Loss group.  I'm on there and there are a lot of other great ladies too!  It's really helped me a lot 

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/4236742/ShowForum.aspx

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am so sorry for your loss and wish you the best of luck for the future!

I am currently at MGH and not happy there. I LOVE my dr but recently had a scare and was admitted becuase I was leaking amniotic fluid following my amnio and mostly dealt with residents. They were very nice but also gave me all sorts of conflicting info and did not instill any confidence in their ability. I obviously only care that the baby is OK but once all is calm, i may look for another dr at a private practice. I dont really want to have to have inexperienced students taking care of me. I'm too anxious at this point.

However, most of my friends have delivered there and loved it. Its just a teaching hospital. 

• Loading the player...
  • I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I have not delivered yet, but I am currently a patient there and really love it. I not only like my doctor, but really enjoy the whole staff. 
  • Thanks for the info.  I'm not pregnant yet.  I was told to wait until February but I so want to try this month.  My husband wants to wait until the dr. said ok.  We'll see what happens.

I met with the high risk OB for a consult to plan for the next pregnancy.  I went to a practice before that was affliated with Brigham and Womens.  I did like them and also liked the 5th floor labor and delivery.  I wound up there a few times with spotting.  They were great.  However when I lost the baby they dropped the ball on the patholgy and a few other things.  I think I need a fresh start at another hospital.

Do you know if Mass General has a floor that pregnant women can go to for emergencies or are they sent to the ER?

• I think with any large teaching hospital, you will need to be prepared to chase after information like pathology.  I lost a baby at 14 weeks last March at BWH and had to chase down path information - it was THERE, but it was not freely handed to me in follow-up.

My primary care is at BMC.  They are super on-the-ball and having worked there for the last 5 years, I would say they are WAY better at patient care.  If that is important to you, perhaps check that out - they have a good high-risk group there, too (and many of the patients at BMC are high-risk for many reasons).  I am still with BWH but if I were to switch, I'd go to BMC, honestly.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"