Baby Names

Flower named triplets

All this talk about names that match for siblings and I wanted to share...

My friend just had triplets yesterday and named them:

Lily Claire

Rose Alexis

Violet Elise

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Flower named triplets

• I love that! Matching but, not.   It's the perfect way the create a set of 3 without it being corny, IMO. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image Pregnancy Ticker
  • I knew a family way back that named their 3 girls after flowers... not triplets, but still.  They were Ivy, Daisy, and Lily.  At the time (I was in elementary school) I thought it was dumb, but now they're college-age and it's not as weird to me anymore.... And apparently they're all gorgeous and one of them is a model now.

Does anyone else watch the BBC show "Keeping up Appearances"?  Such a funny show- all the sisters are named after flowers... Rose, Violet, Hyacinth and Daisy.  And Hyacinth's last name is Bucket but she insists that it's pronounced "Bouquet".  Hilarious.

• Loading the player...
  • I know lots of people on here will disagree, but I kind of like some of the "matched sets" of names: Lily, Rose, Violet, Iris; Hope, Faith, Joy, etc
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Reminds me a bit of a set of triplets in HS - Donya, Rachelle, and Melodye, aka Do, Re, Mi
  • I like it! it's cute.

one of my teachers in high school named her three kids Hope, Faith and Justus - kind of weird. (2 girls and a boy)

• There are 3 sisters that go to my church (not triplets) but the oldest is Libby, the middle is Meredith and the youngest is Suzanne.  Their dad always jokes, "In case you forget the order, just think of Large, Medium, Small." 

Har di ha.

• imageMrsEricH:

I knew a family way back that named their 3 girls after flowers... not triplets, but still.  They were Ivy, Daisy, and Lily.  At the time (I was in elementary school) I thought it was dumb, but now they're college-age and it's not as weird to me anymore.... And apparently they're all gorgeous and one of them is a model now.

Does anyone else watch the BBC show "Keeping up Appearances"?  Such a funny show- all the sisters are named after flowers... Rose, Violet, Hyacinth and Daisy.  And Hyacinth's last name is Bucket but she insists that it's pronounced "Bouquet".  Hilarious.

I thought of Keeping Up Appearances as well. Love that show!

I don't like matchy names, but I must admit these are good picks.

• That's really cute!
  • I love them...too darling.
  • Am I the only one who thinks that is totally cheesy and gag-worthy?

I think the names are all beautiful but together, total eyeroll.

My aunt's mother is Garnet and she has sisters Opal and Ruby. I also think that's bad. And I know sisters Hope, Faith and Grace, and a sibling set of Texas cities (Dallas, Austin and Tyler). 

I hate matchy-matchy. Coordinating, yes. Matchy, no.

• I like it!  :)
  • That's better then the poor girls on MTV's "True Life: I Have Embarrassing Parents." They were triplets whose parents were professional clowns (came to their high school dressed in clown costumes, drove a clownish car, etc.). Their last name was Graham and their parents named them Candy, Millie, and Holly (Candy Graham, Millie Graham, Holly Graham)....
    Mom to J (10), L (4), and baby #3 arriving in July of 2015
  • I'm actually surprised at the responses here too- I was prepared to see MANY more negative comments about this.  I guess you never know what to expect from you girls!  I personally wouldn't do this either (too cheesy for me) but it's just funny to know that lots of people do this type of thing.
  • Awe that's so sweet!!  Love it!

WAY better than DH's triplet aunts, Harriet, Marriette and Janet.

• A tad matchy for me...I would be OK with those as MNs though.
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • imagewheelenl:

Am I the only one who thinks that is totally cheesy and gag-worthy?

My aunt's mother is Garnet and she has sisters Opal and Ruby. I also think that's bad. And I know sisters Hope, Faith and Grace, and a sibling set of Texas cities (Dallas, Austin and Tyler). 

nope, you're not the only one...and i thought everyone else would hate it too lol, oh well! :)

DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
  • imageAimeeL85:
    imagewheelenl:

nope, you're not the only one...and i thought everyone else would hate it too lol, oh well! :)

I think it's awful, and completely 'gag worthy'.

• imagewheelenl:

I'm with you....I really hate matchy-matchy!!! 

• I think the names themselves are pretty, but together it's totally cheesy.
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• i love it!!!
    Mom to 2 beautiful girls, 3 yrs and 22 months old. My 2nd was born at 32 weeks due to Rhogam failure/severe complications from Rh disease and is our miracle. She has bilateral auditory neuropathy and a cochlear implant, activated 4/5/2012 at 19 months. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Not horrible, but it's cheesy. My grandma is named Rose and her mom is Lillie. I thought THAT was cheesy. 
  • NMS very cheesy
  • imagesunnyday016:
    I think the names themselves are pretty, but together it's totally cheesy.

Agreed.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    I just want to give you a world as beautiful as you are to me.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageBlindysWife:

imagesunnyday016:
    I think the names themselves are pretty, but together it's totally cheesy.

Agreed.

Completely. I couldn't do it.

imageimage

• I'm on the cheesy side with this one.  I think the MNs are really nice.
    TTC with DOR, low morphology, fertilization issues
    IVF#1 Oct 2009 (CCRM) - BFN
    IVF#2 March 2010 - Poor response/cancelled
    DE IVF#1 Aug 2010 - BFN
    DE IVF#2 Dec 2010 - Transferred 1, 2 frozen - BFP!
    TTC#2 FET Jan 2013 - Transferred 1 - BFP!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think its a little corny, but they are all pretty names.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"