Northern California Babies
Options

Who has used the Picture People??

did you have a positive experience?

how does it work? you go for a session (free?) and then if you like your pictures then you order the prints? 

tia!

Re: Who has used the Picture People??

• Options
    I have. I think for children's pictures its fine, but ours turned out cheesy looking. dh's mom want pics of us when we first started dating and she took us there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    i never used them, but i know a couple who have. They loved it, i had one who got on thier mailing list and would get these free packages all the time, she was really good about only getting the free package and not buying anything else, i know for me , it would be too hard.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

we had rosie's holiday pictures taken there and it was a great experience. i was previously warned that the pictures were overpriced and it wasn't worth the money but since i had some done there .. i wouldn't say they're overpriced, you just pay for the enormous convienence of being able to look at proofs immediately and get your prints immediately too.

i got lucky and they were having a half off sale on one of their collections .. walked out $100 poorer but not $200 poorer LOL

i plan on going back there for valentines day and easter. it's great for quickie shots but i still LOVE custom work for things like 1st bdays and special pics ie dh's christmas present.

Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes the eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker - Author Unknown

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options

We used them and I was not a fan...

First, it is pretty damn expensive...especially give the professionalism of the studio.

I was happy with our pictures but really, I probably could have done the same thing if I had a white backdrop....

The real problem I had with them is that they sold me this package...telling me how great it was...how one of my pictures comes framed...I leave while they print and frame my pictures and I come back and guess what, they don't have the frame I wanted...oh wait, they have NO frames...NONE!  They say come back in a week and they will have it for me...fine....I come back in a week and they don't have it...they have none.  WOW.  Come back in another week...still don't have it..they haven one!...By this time, I was getting pissed...so I called their customer service center (corporate office) and sure enough, they'll have a frame for me...you know the one they didn't have before?  So I get it finally, after nearly 3 weeks!

More than likely, I won't be spending my money there again.

• Options

I've used them a few times. The first 2 times were great. I think we lucked out and got a photographer who was really comfortable with kids and had been working there a while. The last time we went (for holiday pics)  you could tell you the person was a newbie. She had no idea what to do with DD. On top of that, DD was scared and crying this time. I think the person got nervous , who knows. But this time around sucked and I dont think I'll be going back.

Like a PP said, if you can get a white background yourself, you can totally pull off what they do here.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"