Georgia Babies
Options

Poll: When to take down the tree/decorations?

I wanted to do it yesterday, but I had too many errands to run.  I remember leaving it up until 3 Kings, but I want to take it down now.  I feel like if I don't do it now, we'll have it up until Feb, lol!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Poll: When to take down the tree/decorations?

• Options
    we're taking ours down tomorrow.  i like the idea of keeping it up for the 12 days, but a month is just too long for me.  plus DH is going OOT and he needs to carry the tree out!
    Jen & T.J. 6.17.06 BabyBlog * my chart *
    Joseph Henry was born at home on March 9, 2009
    Nora Mae was born at home on October 30, 2011
  • Options
    We normally leave ours up until Kings Day, but we took them down Monday. We did a huge house cleaning all day Monday and thought it would be the perfect time to do it.
    Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We took ours down yesterday.  It was taking up the area where Ava's new toys will go so I want her to have more room. 

photo bigsister032_zps1fdfe81e.jpgLilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I took almost everything down yesterday while my mom was here to help with the boys.  Still need DH to take the tree down to the basement, but I like to ring in the New Year fresh and clean! 
    Jack 3.5.07 / Ethan 9.17.08 / Lauren 4.3.11 image
  • Options
    Doing it tomorrow on my birthday! LOL.  Figure we will both be home!!
  • Options
    We always leave ours up till after the New Year...so we'll take it down Saturday.
    Grant Thomas 8.8.06 and Reid Alexander 8.11.08
  • Options
    I would take it down this weekend.  The last thing you are going to want to do once you go back to work is have to deal with taking down the decorations.  Ours is down, not that we had much up since we were out of town.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I almost always take it down by the 27th.  The tree is nearly dead at that point.  Anytime someone walks by it needles fall everywhere!  Before kids I left it up till the Epiphany (Jan 6th).   I hope you have a great new year!
  • Options

we will take it down tomorrow. we usually do it sometime after the new year.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Geneva will be out of the house shortly, so I'll take the tree down this afternoon. I didn't want a little helper with the ornaments. :) Our city picks up the trees for you, so DH will just haul it to the curb.
    Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Mine went up Dec 23 and down Dec 28.  THis year was a wash for Christmas spirit bc I was really sick right before Christmas and DH was OOT.  I still got the tree up and it was gorgeous, and I wanted it down before we got busy with New Year.  I found some great storage stuff at Walmart after Christmas so it was fun to organize, too.  I also already made 2 loads for the Goodwill and cleaned out 2 closets.  We're getting ready to make some more major renovations in our home.
  • Options
    We usually wait till 6 January to take ours down, but it will probably come down on Sunday while my parents are here to give us a hand with the kids.
    "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We will take ours down Saturday or Sunday.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"