Stay at Home Moms
Options

Some people have too much money...

I am watching House Hunters on HGTV and this couple lives 20 minutes from downtown Louisville, KY and are buying a "vacation condo" in downtown Louisville to stay at on the weekends so they are closer to the river and downtown activities. I can't imagine buying a "vacation" home 20 minutes from my house. Drive the 20 minutes to and from!!!!  We have to drive 45 minutes to an hour to get anywhere other than Wal-mart. Just thought it was crazy watching this show.
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Some people have too much money...

• Options
    LOL - my neighbor is a professor at Harvard so has a house in Cambridgeto be close to the university and house right by us. We live a 10 minute drive away. Heck, I can walk to Harvard in 30 minutes. It makes no sense, but whatever floats her boat, I guess.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Yeah, a vacation home is somewhere on a beach or on the side of a mountain...not 20 minutes from home.

When I watch House Hunters International, I am always amazed that people have that kind of disposable income that they can afford such expensive vacation homes.  There was one where the couple were looking in Italy (I believe) and there budget was something like two million dollars.  Must be nice.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

thats ridiculous.  i live outside of louisville and thats just plain silly.

• Options
    Haha... I always think that when I watch House Hunters.
  • Options

I have a theory.....HGTV caused the mortgage meltdown!  I'm kinda serious/ kinda kidding. I swear people see the stuff on there and think that their house HAVE to look like what they show or they have to buy a certian kinda house.....so they go out and borrow more than the could afford just to fit into this "HGTV" ideal of what kind of house and decor they should have.

On a smiliar note, I also think that that show on HGTV where people look at 3 different house and a guy stands there with a laptop and shows them- "just move this wall" and "bump this out" is ridiculous....I actually saw an episode of that show where they came back to do a follow up with the family and they had taken out the second bathroom in the house to make a walk in closet!?! Seriously- thats just stupid.

OK vent over.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Must be nice, lol. And....weird at the some time. I mean, really...what's the point?
  • Options

imageMrsPreK:
    Must be nice, lol. And....weird at the some time. I mean, really...what's the point?

I suspect that the point might be (at least partially) to get on TV.  But it's still hard not to feel jealous; I'd love to have a vacation house!  

Married 07.07.07. Mom to 3: Ruby 11/08 and Oliver & Austin 12/11
  • Options
    I saw that one too. What a bizarre place to buy a "vacation home."
  • Options

That is so stupid!!!!

Yeah some people really DO have too much money. Ugh, I'm already so jealous of one of my good friends who just got a cleaning lady AND a brand new BMW SUV for Christmas. Not fair!

• Options
    That's crazy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"