Baby Names

Re: am i wrong here? repost from GP

• Options
    I would be mad too
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    She sounds crazy.  So just let it go.
  • Options
    Sorry it looks like that anyone know how to make one of those link things?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, she sounds crazy- but honestly, be the bigger person.  Take a deep breath and move on for pete's sake.  In the end, she'll be the one who looks stupid for naming her son after your husband... and for all you know, you may have all girls anyway.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'd be mad too, but some people are just mean and vengeful. It will come back around when she's named him that and then later decides she hates it. 
  • Options

I think the poor girl needs some serious professional help. She claimed that her dead babies were alive and living with their father?  Then she told people that some one else's baby was hers?

She needs help. I would be really concerned about her mental stability, and her ability to carry a healthy pregnancy and be an active parent then something as trivial as a name choice. At this point I think there seem to be much, much, much bigger issues.

And for the record, I'm sorry, but I do think your wrong. You can't claim a name if your not even pregnant, and engaging in a name war with someone who is clearly an unstable person is really ridiculous.

• Options
    imagelisa5201:

I think the poor girl needs some serious professional help. She claimed that her dead babies were alive and living with their father?  Then she told people that some one else's baby was hers?

She needs help. I would be really concerned about her mental stability, and her ability to carry a healthy pregnancy and be an active parent then something as trivial as a name choice. At this point I think there seem to be much, much, much bigger issues.

And for the record, I'm sorry, but I do think your wrong. You can't claim a name if your not even pregnant, and engaging in a name war with someone who is clearly an unstable person is really ridiculous.

Exactly this. I think you're focusing on a really inconsequential thing when this girl, if what you say is true, is truly in need of help. The focus here should be on ensuring this child is born into a safe environment with a functional parent (or two).

Moreover, you don't get to reserve a name. It's her child and she is free to name him whatever she cares to just as you are free to name your child(ren) whatever you choose. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

It's wrong of her SIL to name her kid after her married brother.

While I agree that the SIL has issues since she is underage it's the MIL/FIL's place to get her treatment not the OP.  She can bring it up but that's about it. 

Sorry you are having to deal with this OP.  Just try not to respond to her. 

GL.

• Options
    I think you are overreacting, but not wrong.  Your SIL wants to name her kid after her brother (your husband).  That is just weird in my opinion.  While many people here may think it is wrong of you to claim a name when you are not pregnant, claiming a boy's name to be named after his father is not wrong.  The world is populated with Jrs., III, and IV.  The baby will not be born until May, plenty of time for her to change her mind.  IMO your husband's family should say something to her.
  • Options

imageasickles98:
    I think you are overreacting, but not wrong.  Your SIL wants to name her kid after her brother (your husband).  That is just weird in my opinion.  While many people here may think it is wrong of you to claim a name when you are not pregnant, claiming a boy's name to be named after his father is not wrong.  The world is populated with Jrs., III, and IV.  The baby will not be born until May, plenty of time for her to change her mind.  IMO your husband's family should say something to her.

Thanks for that. I'm not upset that I want the name. (I think its too hispanic for our 75% white baby, and its too hard to pronounce and just weird lol) but it is really important to DH and that's why I dont want her to use it. but i am dont I told DH if it id something that is really important to him, and would really upset him then he needs to talk to her. Not now, b/c it won't do any good, just before May.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageMrsEricH:
    Yes, she sounds crazy- but honestly, be the bigger person.  Take a deep breath and move on for pete's sake.  In the end, she'll be the one who looks stupid for naming her son after your husband... and for all you know, you may have all girls anyway.

This 

• Options

She sounds like she has some issues, and I'd be more concerned about the child than what she names him. But still, I think she's being a bit immature about it.

I think your husband should talk to her. Yes, she can name the baby what she wants, BUT it's more of a slap-in-the-face than an honor when she steals a name he legitimately has a claim on, and does it to be vindictive. It's not unheard of for children to be named after their aunt or uncle, but it is inconsiderate if the aunt or uncle was planning on using that name for their own little one.

I'd let him handle it, though, so it doesn't turn into a catfight. Otherwise, you will both look really ridiculous.

• Options
    My FIL in had the same issue...his brother named his first son after him without asking...I find it a little strange and I would be pissed.  That said, I think children should get their own unique names, not get their father's name passed down. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"