Stay at Home Moms
Options

Anyone Else's DH off for an Extended Period of Time Right Now...

And driving them a little nutty?

I think I reached a breaking point today and I'm hoping that I can get my mood back into control and enjoy the next six days he has off.

He's been off since 12/18 and he's just wearing on my nerves.  I have talked to him about it and he's oblivious and doesn't think he's doing anything wrong.  Maybe he's not... but man, I can't wait to get back to a normal schedule!!! 

Re: Anyone Else's DH off for an Extended Period of Time Right Now...

• Options

try- having your DH +PLUS+ your inlaws.

i am on day #5 of slowly going insane. I have another five days as well with everyone here.

suggestion- get out for a bit alone. regroup.

I seriously can't wait for my normal schedule.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My DH has been home since the 21st and goes back the Monday after New Year's. I love having him at home. He helps out a lot and I get TONS of breaks........
    image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nope but I am sure DH is going to drive me batty during his 4-6 week paternity leave (he hasn't decided if he's taking the last two weeks yet).
  • Options

DH was off last W/TH/F and is off the next 2 days. It is HEAVEN. He works terrible hours most of the time, and the last 2 months have been horrid (leaving at 7 AM, coming back at 10 PM every day, working weekends, etc). he so rarely sees DS during the week and DS is so excited that he is around. It will stink next week when we go back to reality.

It is too bad that his time off is always when it is freezing out. It would nice to be able to do more outdoor activities with him.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

my dh was off all of last week. i don't know if i'm odd or something, but i really really love when he has time off!

he gets stressed at work and tends to bring it home with him, so if he's off work, he's in a better mood, which makes all of us happier!

imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

YES!  I was just thinking about this.

I never thought I would feel this way and never have.  Used to always love big breaks....and I loved his 2 weeks home after DD was born.  But I think now, I am the queen of this domain and DD and I have such a organized system going that he is really cramping our style!  

I am happy he has 4 more days off, but MAN I am looking forward to getting back into our groove! 

• Options

Mine is. He's been off since the 23rd.  So far, he's not driving me crazy.  But the week is still young.   ;)

• Options
    imageStacyc625:

try- having your DH +PLUS+ your inlaws.

i am on day #5 of slowly going insane. I have another five days as well with everyone here.

suggestion- get out for a bit alone. regroup.

I seriously can't wait for my normal schedule.

I'm glad I read your response first because every other one made me feel like a bad wife. lol

I went to Babies R Us to make a return and bought some entirely-not-needed but adorable newborn onesies and feel a bit better.

Normally I love having him home for a week... or a long-weekend, but today is Day #13 and he doesn't go back until Tuesday.  It's just so much and he's "man-strating" right now, as well.

Every six weeks or so, he goes through this slightly irritable, quiet stage and it drives me batty.  I know it's a normal cycle for men but it makes me want to choke him.

Thank god he has more patience than I do. 

• Options

Thankfully, we've been in TX with my family and several of our friends (not all mutual!) since 12/14... he's been preoccupied and we've had extra pairs of hands to help with Emily.

I go nuts after just a 2-day weekend!!!

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

• Options
    This exactly.  He doesn't drive me nuts generally (although seeing him play video games every day is another story) but I love having him home, its like a little vacation for me.  I still have primary responsibility for our son but he helps out a lot, we go out for lunch, and its just nice to all relax at home.  Yesterday I went to the movies by myself - it was awesome.  :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Kim- lmao @ man-straightening.

Oh it gets worse. TRUST ME. My DH went through his own phase of nesting. While helpful in the tiniest of ways- it was a huge headache. they mean well- but i have the kind of DH that wants to straighten up the laundry room shelves when we are about to have company over- or his desk drawers. it makes me batty sometimes. but i have learned to cope. Do you now see what i mean with needing a little 'space' even if you are in the same house?

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DH works in a school, so he's been home since 12/19.  But I love having him home.  He is super helpful with DD and I've been sick the past few days and he's been taking care of me.  I'll be a little sad to see him go back to work on Monday.  But I am looking forward to his full week for Spring Break and then having him home all summer (especially with baby #2 here).  It's great to get to see DH take DD to gymnastics and some her favorite activities.
  • Options
    ugh! Know what you mean!  DH has a schedule where he works 7 days on, then he has 7 days off.  Sometimes it's awesome, like when we are going somewhere, or have some serious plans that keep us all busy.  But sometimes, it Seriously SUCKS and even if it's been a good week of him at home, I'm ready for him to go back to work by the end of the week.  Terrible, I know, but he thinks he's on 'vacation' on his weeks off, however, I am never on vacation.  At least your issue is temporary!! :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"