South Florida Babies
Options

my uncle got married :-D

My uncle, the one who's been in the hospital for like 2 months now waiting on a bone marrow donor, got married yesterday at JMH!!  Their wedding date was scheduled for Oct 12, but he was diagnosed with leukemia and had to be hospitalized right away, so they had to cancel their wedding.  They had a ceremony yesterday in the hospital with my cousins and her kids there, along with my grandma and her parents.   I'm really happy he was able to do something so positive and something he was looking forward to- even though it wasn't the way they imagined.  I hope they'll find a donor soon so that he can get better, get out of the hospital and finally have the ceremony and celebration wtih the family he wanted.  I hate that I can't even go and visit him to congratulate him in person.   Fingers crossed that he'll get better soon, that they find a match and he finally gets out of the hospital.  Here's hoping 2010 gives him some good news.

Re: my uncle got married :-D

• Options
    Awww that's so awesome! I really hope he finds a match soon too Jenny. Does he still need platelets? As soon as I'm able to give more blood I plan on donating platelets instead of whole blood.
  • Options
    I'm glad they could bring the wedding to him at the hospital and I hope he gets a match soon! May 2010 bring health and recovery to your uncle!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's so nice they were able to that.  May 2010 be filled with lots of blessings and good things for him.
    imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    OMGosh! That is so awesome. :) What a positive way to end 2009!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageFSUSammy:
    Awww that's so awesome! I really hope he finds a match soon too Jenny. Does he still need platelets? As soon as I'm able to give more blood I plan on donating platelets instead of whole blood.

aww Sammy, thanks, but you save all that blood and good stuff for Gary!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"