Trouble TTC
Options

Any private pay individ. insurance that covers IF?

I'm on the verge of needing a new insurance policy and I have yet to find ANY that covers anything IF related.

Any suggestions?

Re: Any private pay individ. insurance that covers IF?

• Options

Generally, I am not aware of any. The only way that insurance companies can "make money" (which yes, is what they unfortunately are out there to do) by including IF coverage in their policy is when they include it in group policies. That way, they know only a small percentage of the group will actually use that benefit, and they can cover the costs via the premiums of all of the group members.

However, Resolve's website may have some information, including tips on the insurance coverage mandates in your state.

https://www.resolve.org/site/PageServer?pagename=ta_ic_home 

Married 08.06
    Started TTC 05.08
    Me: Stage II endo, borderline high FSH
    DH: perfect
    1 lap, 5 IUIs = 4 BFNs and 1 c/p
    2 IVFs, 2 FETs = 1 BFN, 1 c/p, 1 ectopic and finally a sticky BFP in May 2011!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

1 FET in Aug 2013 = BFP! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

There are only a few states that require insurance companies to pay for IF. It sounds like you don't live in one of those states. Go to www.resolve.org for info.

My husband is in the army and we live in Kansas but we are from Massachusetts. I had to move to Mass for about a year, buy private insurance there and go through treatment there to get an insurance co to pay for anything. Good Luck.

Expect MIRACLES!! Shocking surprise BFP 9/12/12 After 2 IUIs, 3 IVFs w/ICSI and 1 FET we have been blessed with a healthy baby girl born 26 August 2010! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"