Northern California Babies
Options

hibiscus tea isnt safe?

during pg?

damn- I swear I find these things out way after?the?fact.

WHAT CAN I EAT/DRINK?!?!??

Re: hibiscus tea isnt safe?

• Options

It's generally only a concern in medicinal amounts, but if you don't know what that quantity is, then it's best to steer clear.

Here's a list of herbal teas to avoid while pregnant:

Anise, fennel, catnip, chamomile, yerba mate, comfrey, ephedra (called ma huang in traditional Chinese medicine), European mistletoe, hibiscus, horehound, lemongrass, licorice root, mugwort, pennyroyal, rosemary, sage, sassafras, stinging nettle leaf, vetiver, and yarrow.

• Options
    I swear, all I drank was water, soy milk and kefir during pregnancy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ooops, I drank quite a few hibiscus breeze tea coolers at Peet's this summer. Oh well, too late to do anything about it now. Guessing it wasn't "medicinal quantities" and apparently didn't do any harm (since I just looked it up and the risk is stimulating the uterus and causing miscarriage and it has been months since I had one). I'll just stick to my homemade brew of hot water w/lemon and honey from now on.
    imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Oops I drank tons of hibiscus tea (and ate unpasturized cheese, coffee, sushi and most of the other things you're not supposed to do).  I think, like everything else, moderation is key during pg.  Unless you're planning on drinking gallons of hibiscus tea, I think you can probably go ahead and have a cup if you want to.  :)
  • Options
    I guess I should have red this yesterday...before I ordered the Venti Passion Tea Lemonade from Starbucks...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"