Stay at Home Moms
Options

scary day- DS almost choked on a nickel

What a day. I am so so grateful everything turned out OK. But this is a terrific warning for all parents- check the seat cushions of your sofas and recliners EVERYDAY for things your DC can choke on.

We actually just vacumed all the sofa and recliners a few days ago for Xmas. But with all the company over and running around we never checked them again. Well today DS was in our family room watching Sesame Street and I ran into the little 1/2 bath we have off the family room- he was alone in the family room- but I had the bathroom door half open so I could see him. While I was in there I saw him get real quiet  and then he started gagging. I jumped up (yea I know from the toilet) and ran to him he had picked up a nickel and tried to eat it. Thankfully the nickel was in his hand and I could tell he had gagged on it because it was all wet. Then he puked all over the carpet.

Cleaning the carpet was a big pain in the ass- but things could have been so much worse. Thank God I went to that little half bath down stairs and left the door half open. thank God he spit it out and thank God he puked rather than choked.

DH and I figured the nickel was in the cushions of the couch. So just beware and check those cushions. They can choke on anything in the amount of time it takes to go take a quick potty break.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: scary day- DS almost choked on a nickel

• Options
    OMG, that is one of my worst nightmares.  DH sometimes leaves his change on the low coffee table in the family room, and I have to remind him that DD cannot have access to coins!  I'm so glad your little guy is ok! 
    BabyFruit Ticker On our way to 3 under 4! DD1 1/22/09 DD2 7/16/10 Baby Boy Due This Summer!
  • Options

Thank goodness he's all right.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Very scary! I am glad your little one is alright!
  • Options

I yell at my DH almost EVERY single day- to empty his change in a dish i have RIGHT on a very high shelf where he puts his keys when he comes in from work. DH has a habit of rolling around on the floor with DD and change goes everywhere and he is oblivious until i yell at him- when its on the floor.

drives me batty. EVERY day i tell him-

glad everything was ok-

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Oh, wow, what a relief he coughed it up!!!

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

• Options
    That's really scary!  I'm glad he's ok.
  • Options
    Wow! I am so sorry that happened. But, thank you for the warning!
  • Options
    Thank you for sharing your story and I am so, so glad your son is okay... 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Wow, I'm so glad your DS is okay!  That's so scary.  I'm always lecturing my DH not to leave coins on the coffee or end tables -- and he never pays attention to me -- now I'm going to remind him with this example!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"