Dallas-Fort Worth Babies
Options

resources in Irving

My hubby and I are about to move from Plano to Irving.  We have a 1 1/2 year old and are expecting our second.  I'm looking for several suggestions in the Irving/Las Colinas area.  If anyone can suggest any of the following I would greatly appreciate it!

Prenatal Yoga Class, Preschool for our toddler, moms group, OBGYN and Pediatrician

Thanks so much!

Re: resources in Irving

• Options
    I'm not PG yet, but my friend (who is 36 weeks pg) and I both see Dr. Jennifer Staud at Tuscan OBGYN.
    Help for Haiti: Learn What You Can Do

BFP 12.20.2010 :: missed m/c 1/2011 around 8 weeks
    BFP @ 9dpo 5.24.2011 :: missed m/c 6/2011 around 7 weeks
    positive for ANAs (1:40) with a speckled pattern
    MTHFR c677t mutation (heterozygous)
    *folic acid, baby asprin, Prometrium, acupuncture, Lovenox*
    BFP @ 9dpo 2.1.2012 || HCG = 8 : Progesterone = 19.2
    2nd HCG @ 11dpo = 40 || 3rd HCG @ 21dpo = over 5000!
    Stick, little one, stick! EDD October 15, 2012
  • Options

I am from Las Colinas and use Dr. Krum (his partner Dr. Karmichael is supposed to be great too) for my OB and Dr. Askari Brown for my pedi. Both are in the Las Colinas Medical Center.

There are quite a few preschools/mothers day outs in the area as well. Most seem to be affliliated with a church or daycare, my son is a little young so I haven't done much research yet.

Since Las Colinas is pretty central-there are a lot of options for things to do. There is a KinderMusik, Stroller Strides exercise classes, MOPs, and there is a Gymboree in Lewisville.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks for the info - Here in Plano I found a mom's group that made finding everything from doctors to entertainment super easy.  I haven't heard of a mom's group like that in Las Colinas yet, but I'm hoping I'll find something similar. 

I'll definately check out your suggestions for both doctors.  I probably need to get my little guy registered soon for preschool/MDO soon, so I'll get on that this weekend.  Since you mentioned it, do you know of any Presbyterian/Methodist churches that you could recommend?  We like the traditional worship styles rather than the contemporary...which is more and more difficult to find these days!

Thanks again!

• Options
    I would definitely recommend Dr. Carmichael for an OBGYN! She was fabulous and really caring.  We loved delivering at the Las Colinas hospital because it was so much smaller.  The nurses really got to know you and were flexible with whatever you needed.  I haven't really gotten too involved over here for other things, but our pediatrician is Dr. Dickey and she's great too!  She's in the same practice as the other one mentioned on here. 
  • Options

I am not sure where you are moving, but some of the large gated neighborhoods have playgroups. Other than that I haven't found a moms group yet in the area, but let me know if you can find one!

One of the MDO programs I am looking at for my son is affiliated with a Methodist church. I am Catholic, so it is not my church, but I have heard good things about the preschool. It is in Coppell which depending where you are moving could be pretty close. It is called The Stringfellow School at the First United Methodist Church.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"