Georgia Babies
Options

Selling at consigment - tell me about it

I am saving all of my stuff from DD and my sister is saving all of her stuff from her DD and DH for my 2nd child. Anyway, we are thinking of selling some things we have duplicates of or don't want to keep.

I'm wondering if others have had good experiences or not. Also, do you think we would get more money this way or doing Craig's List?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Selling at consigment - tell me about it

• Options

I made $435 from selling stuff at consigment in the fall. It was A LOT of work but I made more than enough to cover what I bought for ds. You have to find a sale (some are better than other so ask for recs), register, go on the computer and tag each item with a description and price, hang each item, size them, tag them and drop off at your designated time. I also had to iron all mine because they had been in storage. I probably spend $30 on hangers, safety pins, baggies, tape and printer ink. My sale also has a $10 registration fee. As a consigner, I get to shop early though and that was AWESOME. I'll be doing it again in the spring if we don't end up booking our vacation for that same week as the really good sale near me.

ETA: My post relates specifically to kids consignment sales that are held each fall/spring. I've never sold at a consignment shop. I make WAY more at the sale than I would make selling the same items at a consigment shop.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"