Preemies
Options

experienced/former reflux moms (clicky poll)

Re: experienced/former reflux moms (clicky poll)

• Options
    I answered 19-2y because that's how old he is and still on them. I would be surprised if he's able to stop them before he's 2.
    His actual spitting up has reduced a LOT in the last few months, but he's still pretty refluxy symptom wise.
  • Options
    Will be 20 months in 11 days - eek! and still on reflux meds and still going up with weight. Just had Barium swallow study done.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I put 13-14 months but I should have put other.

We stopped Leo's reflux med right around his first adjusted birthday. But we started it up again after his 2 year well visit, then doubled the dose a month later. Looking back, the poor little guy had a belly ache most of that year that he was off medicine and I was too harried to realize it :(

• Options
    I answered Other because we are 21mos and on feeding tubes for severe reflux/GERD and no end in sight.  I have been told by the director at our feeding clinic who is the head of GI that reflux by itself in severe cases can last up until 24mos and worst cases is that kids never really outgrow it and it's part of their lives.  Sorry, wish I had nicer info.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"