Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Closest beach to Sesame Place

We are planning to go to Sesame Place in early June and I just decided that we should go to the beach for a couple of days while we are halfway there anyway.  We will be driving from Pittsburgh.  What would be close, Ocean City?  Anyone live out that way and have a suggestion?
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Closest beach to Sesame Place

• Options
    Sesame Place????  What is that?  I'm intrigued!
  • Options
    I live in the area but not really sure about the best beach. You may want to ask on the local NJ board they know a lot about the beaches and surrounding areas. I think OCNJ is about an hour and 30 minutes. It isnt very large but has a small rides and is very family friendly.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I love Sesame Place. We got DD a season pass this year! The closest would be in New Jersey.

Spring Lake is the closest. IMO. They also have these really cool salt water pools for the kids! 

• Options
    OCNJ , Sea Isle and Wildwood are popular family shore spots.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagesmiling76:
    Sesame Place????  What is that?  I'm intrigued!

Langhorne, PA (suburbs of Philadelphia)

• Options
    OCNJ is a nice family beach as well. Not sure how close it is to Sesame Place though.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I LOVE sesame place. You can drive down to the jersey shore which would probably be about an hour. They have a huge boardwalk with rides and booths
  • Options
    I grew up going to Sesame Place!  The closest beaches are like others mentioned on the Jersey Shore.  Spring Lake is nice... LBI is really nice and much closer than Ocean City.  Both are nice though.  OC has a board walk, so if you want a nice beach and boardwalk that will probably be your best bet.  Seaside Heights is closer to Sesame Place and has a boardwalk, but I would definitely avoid that beach!  
  • Options
    I live about halfway between the South Jersey shorepoints and Sesame Place - it's a little less than an hour to each from my house. You'd probably be looking at a close to 2 hour drive from Langhorne to Ocean City (if you're planning on traveling during the weekend it might be more than 3 hours with traffic. It gets bad). I would highly recommend OC - it's very family friendly and there are a lot of rides on the boardwalk for the little ones.
  • Options

I am a huge Sea Isle CIty fan, my family has a house there.  It is about an hour and a half drive from Langhorne

Ocean City is also popular with families because it is a dry town and has a boardwalk with rides.  I personally think it is too big and crowded.  Plus Sea Isle is a 10 minute drive to go to the boardwalk.  Sea Isle also just opened a small amusement park for little kids.

Have fun! 

DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • Options

imageLaLaSweets:
    I LOVE sesame place. You can drive down to the jersey shore which would probably be about an hour. They have a huge boardwalk with rides and booths

Most of  the shore points would be  1 1/2 - 2 hours from sesame place. .

• Options
    I say OCNJ because it is the most family friendly with lots of things for LO's to do.  I grew up going to Wildwood and I hate it.  The one thing I noticed about OCNJ is that the beaches are super crowded.  I seriously can not wait to take DD to Sesame Place this summer.  I wanted to last year but figured she was too young.  This year I am SO ready!
  • Options

imageRangergal9:
    I grew up going to Sesame Place!  The closest beaches are like others mentioned on the Jersey Shore.  Spring Lake is nice... LBI is really nice and much closer than Ocean City.  Both are nice though.  OC has a board walk, so if you want a nice beach and boardwalk that will probably be your best bet.  Seaside Heights is closer to Sesame Place and has a boardwalk, but I would definitely avoid that beach!  

This.....Ocean City or LBI are nice. Spring Lake is nice, Ocean Grove is also nice.  Seaside isn't the nicest. We went there prom weekend.  Wildwood is much too far.  It's almost at the tip of NJ....that would be a drive although Stone Harbor is down that way and is such a nice family oriented place. Sesame Place is fun!  Enjoy!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"