Special Needs
Options

Wanna hear a little EI/Erb's Palsy success story?

Posted here because no one else gets it..

It appears as though..(wait for it, can't even believe I'm typing this)  my son is LEFT HANDED.

That's right, yo.   Even though he it's early it appears that he self feeds, draws, colors, and does daily activities as a left handed person.

He still has some fine motor issues w/ that little hand but hot damn! Left Handed!!???

His left arm was mangled and paralyzed due to a birth injury.   They told us not to expect too much.   Early therapy and EI have made ALL the difference...oh, and I expect some setbacks as he stretches and grows but so yay!

Re: Wanna hear a little EI/Erb's Palsy success story?

• Options

Awesome news! Marley looks like she'll be left handed too even though her left hand is more disfigured than her right hand. I blame my husband who is also left handed!

I'm so glad you're family is doing well! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I for one think it's significant that Marley and Ethie are both left handers...  Something about being awesome and shopping at the Leftorium.

<3

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Very cool!
    imageimage
    Max 4-08-08 and Michael 2-03-91 (19 years olds)
    image Both boys were born w/ hirschsprung's disease, you find yourself facing this dx, please feel free to ask me any questions.
  • Options

That's great news! 

Are there lefties in the family? It could easily be genetic. My son has cerebral palsy that affects mostly his arms, and his left arm has always been a little weaker than his right, but he prefers his left hand over his right. My only guess is that it's possibly genetic - his biological father and grandfather are lefties, as are all of my male cousins and my maternal grandmother.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"