South Florida Babies
Options

What to do...

Omg i can't believe time is flying.. Anyways thanks to Jenny, she started to freak me out.. Im due in Feb 6.. i haven't even received my furniture yet...=( The room is painted and curtains, & closet is up but thats about it.. All her stuff is still in boxes, Swing, Carseat, Play-yard!!! On another note, i did start her hospital bag today.. LoL.. I dont know i think im stressing it to much..

Thank you Jenny... 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What to do...

• Options
    Well, if it makes you feel any better, I didn't pack anything until my water broke. And all we had built was the bassinet (which was fine because we were moving anyway so we didn't prepare him a room until we moved). But everything turned out fine!
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My suggestion is that you prioritize.  You won't need furniture for a while if she's sleeping in a bassinet in your room.  So - set up the bassinet.  Make sure you have newborn and 0-3 month size clothes washed and ready (you won't know which one you will need).  The things I used at first were the swing and bouncy.  Also - set up the car seat and install it in the car.  Other than that - everything can wait.  Even the swing and bouncy can wait, but if you have the time then do them.  The play yard can stay in the box for a while unless you plan on having her sleep in the bassinet feature of it.  Don't freak out, people used to have babies all the time with a lot less "stuff" than we all have now :)
    image image

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageMrsLeanna:
    My suggestion is that you prioritize.? You won't need furniture for a whileif she's sleeping in a bassinet in your room.? So - set up thebassinet.? Make sure you have newborn and 0-3 month size clothes washedand ready (you won't know which one you will need).? The things I usedat first were the swing and bouncy.? Also - set up the car seat and install it in the car.? Other than that - everything can wait.? Even the swing and bouncy can wait, but if you have the time then do them.? The play yard can stay in the box for a while unless you plan on having her sleep in the bassinet feature of it.? Don't freak out, people used to have babies all the time with a lot less "stuff" than we all have now :)

This exactly!!! Isabella is sleeping with us for now so I haven't finished her room. ?I was going to but we are probably moving and I don't want to set everything up to taking down in a couple of months. I did set up the play yard b/c I use it for her naps during the day...especially during the first couple of weeks (we don't have a TV in our room...so I was hanging out in the family room ALOT...baby slept there). I did organize all her clothes. ?I finished her bag and my bag the week before I delivered. ?You'll do fine...trust me she won't notice her room isn't finished ;) ?

• Options

You have plenty of time.  Don't worry about the furniture.  Everyone scrambles to get the nursery done way in advance and truthfully most babies don't use their room until they are at least a few weeks old, usually a few months old.

Taking the stuff out of the boxes and setting it up can be done in a weekend if you and DH are motivated to spend two whole days reading instructions and screwing stuff together.  If you don't want to spend two days doing it, set up one thing each weekend starting now.

I do suggest having your hospital bag packed by 34-36 weeks.  You just never know....

• Options

I'm due 2/15/10 but am thinking (and hoping) he comes a little early.  Both of my kids were born at 38 weeks.  The only thing I have ready are his clothes washed, folded, and organized according to months.  

I plan to start getting everything ready over this long weekend.  We had given most of our stuff away after Chelsea (except crib - she's still using it) so pretty much have to start from scratch. 

You have time so don't stress over it.  But definitely get the bassinet ready, wash all baby's clothes, bottles, pacifiers, blankets, make sure you have pampers, wipes (set up and ready to be used) and of course the hospital bag ready to go!  Oh - and the car seat out of the box, Did you see Marley and Me?!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"