Baby Showers
Options

how to go about it.

I've had several people say that they wanted to throw me a shower.  Two of my friends each want to throw their own shower, and my parents church wants to throw one too so thats 3 showers.  I've been reading that it is usually more comfortable and better to have the showers between about 30 and 36 weeks.  Now how am I supposed to convey that information to those wanting to throw the showers without sounding like I'm expecting it from them?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: how to go about it.

• Options
    How far along are you now.  Most people start really getting into the organizing and getting names/addresses around about 2 months before the shower is to take place.  If two of your friends each want to throw a shower...you could make one a "friends" shower and the other a "family" shower.  Then you can have the church shower.  I had a work shower, a church shower, and a family shower (that included friends).  They were all within the last month of my pregnancy.
  • Options

imagehopefulmom:
    How far along are you now.  Most people start really getting into the organizing and getting names/addresses around about 2 months before the shower is to take place.  If two of your friends each want to throw a shower...you could make one a "friends" shower and the other a "family" shower.  Then you can have the church shower.  I had a work shower, a church shower, and a family shower (that included friends).  They were all within the last month of my pregnancy.

I'm 18weeks so I still have time, I'm just trying to figure out the best way to go about this without it being weird (because I dont want to be so far along and uncomfortable).  Thanks for the advice

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Your shower hosts will most likely ask when you would like to have your shower.  If they do, that would be the time to suggest the 30-36 week time frame.
    If they don't ask, though, I think you should just roll with whatever they plan.  I was 38 weeks at one of my showers and it worked out just fine...although I was nervous about cutting it so close!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"