Infertility
Options

Miscarriage at 5 weeks after IVF...

Hi everyone, so it has been an emotional roller coaster for me and my DH over the last week starting with beta #1 that showed really low levels, and then beta #2 and beta #3 that showed good increases in the HCG levels but still low progesterone.  I went in yesterday for beta #4 as my levels started out so low and was told that my 146 from beta #3 had dropped to 48 and so the pregnancy was not viable.  They had me stop all meds (was using estrogen patches, crinone and had recentely started PIO) and want me to go back in tomorrow for another beta.  I'm struggling to handle this after actually starting to hope and it just feels so unreal.... does it get any easier?

Does anyone understand why I need to do another beta?

And does anyone know when I should expect AF?

Thanks for your help.

***SAIF & PAIF Welcome***

TTC since November 2008; me - poor egg quality,hypothyroidism,missing beta 3 integrin;
DH - some MFI;

1 month clomid plus timing - BFN;
3 months clomid + IUI - BFN BFN BFN

IVF #1 Nov/Dec 2009 - BFP - c/p;
IVF #2.1 Jan 2011 - Converted to IUI - BFN;
IVF #2.2 March/April 2011 - ER 3/23/11: 12 retrieved, 8 mature, 3 fert-ET 3dt 3/26/11: 3 embies - BFN;
IVF #3 May 2011 - ER 5/19/11: 20 retrieved, 10 mature, 9 fert-ET 5dt 5/24/11 3 embies - BFN;
Switched RE's for IVF #4 (CCRM) Oct 2011 - Surprise BFP before starting IVF #4!

Re: Miscarriage at 5 weeks after IVF...

• Options

I don't have any good advice for you but I wanted you to know how sorry I am for your loss. 

Dx with severe endometriosis. DS#1 conceived with Met and TI. TTC#2 for 2.5 yrs. Dx 2nd IF. 4 clomid cycles, 2 IUIs, Finally IVF#1 w/ICSI worked for us! twins born 35w3d. Unexpected total hysterectomy 6/11. Now on the HRT train.

• Options

i am so so sorry for your loss, i truly cannot imagine. you are in my thoughts and prayers. hate IF

i've had a few c/p and i've always had to go back for beta's until they were less than 5 to document negative.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just wanted to let you know that I am sorry for your loss. ((HUGS))

After 4 years, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs our surprise miracle is here!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Blog

TTC # 2 BFP 03/02/13 = CP, BFP 05/14/13 = CP, BFP 08/09/13 = CP

RPL testing = normal

TI Cycle #1, 50 clomid days 3-7, 150 iu Follistim days 8-11 = BFP! EDD May 22, 2014

Betas: 13 DPO = 79, 15 DPO = 149, 19 DPO = 788, 22 DPO = 2031

• Options
    I don't have any advice but I am want to say that I am sorry for what you are going through.  Sending my thoughts and prayers to you.
  • Options
    I don't have any advice for you, but I wanted to say I'm so very, very sorry for your loss.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss
  • Options
    I'm sorry I can't answer your questions but I am so sorry to hear about your m/c.  Big big hugs to you and your DH.
  • Options
    ((((hugs)))) I'm so sorry. 
  • Options
    I have no advice, but just wanted to say how sorry I am for your loss..
  • Options

I am so sorry for your loss. No it does not get any easier I am sorry to say. A loss is a very emotional,difficult thing to go through. its the hardest thing I ever had to go through.

They will probally check your betas until they reach 0 or close to it. they want to make sure they are going down.  you will then miscarry naturally and then about 4 to 6 weeks after that you should expect AF. sometimes it takes a long time for the betas to go down even after you miscarry.

I am so sorry and i wish you strengh. If you have any questions please feel free to read my blog. you might find it helpful. Also you an email me at

arlpd@yahoo.com

Suzanne & Pasquale 9/9/07
    Our Journey in Blog.
    My Blog
    Our Sweet boy Luca Salvatore 10/6/10 & Our precious daughter, Arianna Regina 4/9/13
  • Options
    I am so so sorry that you are going through this. They like to know that your HCG went all the way back down to make sure that you don't have any left over tissue or anything. I will be thinking of you :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I am so, so sorry for your loss.  It doesn't get any easier, unfortunately.  I had my 4th m/c about 6 weeks ago and by far this latest m/c has been the hardest on me. 

I am assuming your RE wants to see your beta reach zero.  I doubt that your beta will be zero by tomorrow, though.  Maybe he's looking to see where it is tomorrow and that it's not an ectopic.  With ectopics betas can do funny things.  

Not sure when AF will come.  I think it depends on how quickly your beta gets to zero.  It doesn't have to be zero for AF to come but that's what usually happens.  I think after my c/p it took 2-3 weeks for AF to come but my beta only got as high as 25.  

Hugs to you. 

• Options
    I really don't have any advice, but wanted to say I'm so incredibly sorry for your loss.  ((HUGS))

IVF #1 = BFP!! So blessed to have our baby boy! IVF #2 = Convert to frozen - 1 frostie! IVF #3 = Convert to frozen - 1 frostie! FET #1 = 8/14, Two transferred, One stuck! Praying for another healthy miracle! Due: 5/2/13 imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    OMG I am SO very sorry you have to deal with this!! I just want to tell you that I am thinknig of you and we are all here for you. You WILL be a mom one day, just please keep that in mind!!!  One way or another!
  • Options
    I'm so sorry.
  • Options
    I don't have any advice, but I just wanted to say I am sorry.?
    DS born 7.30.11
  • Options
    I'm so sorry. ((hugs))
    Infertility, Life & Loss Blog
    imageimage
    Love & luck to my 3TC girls. Congrats to Omega-The boys are here!
    If there's one thing I've learned while waiting my turn,
    it's that in each life some rain falls but you also get some sun.
    After 2 years & 2 losses, our little man arrived 8-2011.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry.  Hugs.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry.
  • Options
    I haven't been there so I don't have any advice but just wanted to say I'm sorry for your loss.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry.  I wish I had some advice for you that would help.  It just seems so unfair.  T&P coming your way.
    Todd & Kristin, 3.10.07

After 5.5 years of loss, heartbreak, and empty arms, our dreams were fulfilled through the beautiful, selfless gift of adoption. We are amazingly blessed!

Blog About Us | Blog About RPL/IF/Adoption

imageimage

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    So very sorry for your loss. ((hugs))
  • Options

I am so sorry. :( They want to repeat your beta to make sure it continues to go down and doesn't jump signaling an ectopic. They will probably follow your levels until they get back to zero just to be on the safe side.

When this happened to me, I bled for approximately 6 weeks - my RE said it was a mixture of m/c and AF. I had to be jumpstarted for my next AF because it wasn't coming.....your next one can definitely be delayed.

I'm so sorry this happened. :(

• Options
    While I cannot offer any advice...I did want to express my deepest sympathy and thoughts/prayers to you are your DH. I don't know that it will get any easier for you but I am rooting for you all the way!!
    TTC #1 since 4/2007... MFI (low motility/low Testosterone) & PCOS IVF #1 August 2010...BFP 1st sono shows TWINS!!!! Due May 23rd 2011 Ruptured @ 21 weeks (Jan 13) Delivered 26 weekers (Blake and Addison) on Valentine's Day... Keeping faith and praying, God has a plan and we just have to learn to follow. Our Blog ... ourvalentinesdaysurprise.blogspot.com Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I can't answer your questions but I just wanted to say I'm sorry you're dealing with this (((((hugs)))))

TTC in 2008. Stage II/III endo, Hashimotos hypothyroid, low morph (3%).
    2 cycles Clomid/Ovidrel/TI/Crinone=BFN.
    IUI #1 - 4 Follistim/Ovidrel/IUI/Crinone = BFN.
    IVF #1 - Antagonist w/ ICSI 4/10. 17 retrieved, 5DT of 2, BFN :(
    IVF #2 - Long Lupron w/ ICSI 6/10. 15 retrieved, 3DT of 2, BFFN!!
    Lap 7/21/10
    IVF #3 - Clomid/Antagonist w/ ICSI 10/10. 14 retreived, 3DT of 3, BFP 10/20 but m/c. No HB 11/15/10 - D&C 11/17/10.
    FET - 2 blasts, 1 survived the thaw. Transfer 2/19. Beta #1 3/1 375, Beta #2 3/3 885, Beta #3 3/8 4261, Beta #4 3/11 9005. U/S 3/8 1 sac 1 yolk, U/S 3/16 1 heartbeat 114bpm!

James born Oct. 24th 2011 via c-section at 38 weeks!

Surprise BFP - Jack born April 28, 2013 via VBAC after PTL at 33 1/2 weeks!

• Options
    I am so sorry about your loss. ?Take care of yourself and big ((HUGS)) for you and your DH. ?
  • Options

I'm so sorry for your loss.  I experienced something similar in November after my first IVF.  Words cannot describe how awful I felt.  I could barely get out of bed or eat for a few days, but eventually I started working my way out of the hole. I'll never go into another IVF though without trepidation. This experience left me reeling.

I had to have several betas to make sure it was headed down, but I didn't have to keep getting tested until it was zero.  Every RE is different I suppose.  My period started 5 days after stopping the meds and was heavier than normal.

Take care of yourself.

• Options
    I can't answer your questions, but wanted you to know I'm so very sorry for your loss.
  • Options
    Although I don't know the answer to your questions I did want to say that I am very sorry for your loss.
    Dec '09 IVF #1 = Epic Fail Feb '10 FET #1 = Epic Success!
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." - Henry David Thoreau
    formula-feeding, co-napping, sposie-using, baby-wearing, ap-ish mamma! Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am so sorry and so sick over how unfair this is. ((HUGS))
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am so sorry. Hugs.
    TTC since 8/07 DX - Severe MFI/azoospermia & MTHFR/ TESEs found sperm - 7/08 & 6/09/ 12/08 - IVF#1 - BFN/ 6/09 - IVF #2 - cancelled due to OHSS risk (had retrieval)/ 7/09 - FET #1 - BFN/ 9/09 - FET #2 - BFN/ 11/09 - IVF #3 with new RE cancelled twice - 10/09 & 11/09/ 1/10 - IVF #3 take 3 - BFN/ 4/10 - IVF #4 - first ever BFP on 5/13/10!!! 108 @ 10dp3dt/ 2nd beta 311!/ sono on 5/28/10 said TWINS!!!! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Sorry for your loss

• Options

I'm late in replying to your post but just wanted to say how sorry I am for your loss.

In all my CP's, my RE checked my beta every few days until my body started m/c'ing to make sure my levels were decreasing.  About 10 days after the m/c, I would go in for another beta to make sure it was less than 5.

Since you've stopped meds, I think you can expect AF within a few days.

Hope this helps and please take good care of yourself.

TTC #1 w/ endo since Sept 2005. After many losses, a lap, tons of meds and tons of testing and, one failed IVF cycle, we were blown away with a surprise, sticky BFP...it's a girl!!! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I can't answer your questions - just wanted to let you know I'm so sorry to hear your sad news. *hugs*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"