Two Under 2
Options

Breastfeeding and ttc #2

I was wondering for those of you who BF, how long did you do so if you ended up with 2u2?

l am expecting #1 in Feb. and am hoping to have 2u2. ?Wondering how long it is possible to BF in that situation. ?TIA!?

Re: Breastfeeding and ttc #2

• Options

Honestly it depends on the person.  Some people ca release eggs while breast feeding other do not.

I got pregnant after one PP cycle... DD wasaround 1 year at the time year at the time.  I know this is a crazy comparision but Michelle Duggar got pregnant while breastfeeding with most of her children.. so it depends on the person - if you are set on this a lot of times when you stop nursing at night many women begin to get the PP.

• Options

my first pp AF was 8 months, I stopped Bfing at 10 months and pregnant at 11 months

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We chose to wean early in order to TTC #2 due to IF issues.

I was not ovulating until I weaned.

Some ovulate again right away while BF'ing and for others the introduction of solids helps to diminish milk demand and bring on regular cycles.

My advice is to wait and see how you're doing around 6 months and then try to make some decisions.

Our plan was to wean at 6 months and when the time came I knew I just couldn't but then 3 months later I was totally ready and OK with it.

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • Options
    We hoped to get PG right away as well and I did on my 3rd cycle when DD was 5.5 months. Still exclusively BFing
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Like pp said, it really depends. We tried for a few months, and it happened the month I completely stopped bf'ing and pumping. I don't know if I was ovulating before that or not. Some people have no problem while they are exclusively breastfeeding though...GL!
  • Options
    I got pg with #2 by the time ds turned 10 months, I am still Bfing. I also got my first period at 6 months post partum with number 1. So I was obviously fertile. My cycles varied greatly, but I got them. and we got pg on the first month we tried. GL
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I never got my AF and got pg with #2 when #1 was 11mo old. I BFed until she was 14mo old and stopped a couple of weeks ago. When she was 11mo is when I completely stopped pumping and only BFed morning and night. Around 1 y.o. I went to just pre-bed BFing.
  • Options
    DS was 10 months old when I got pregnant and I was still EBF.  I kept BF until he was 11 months, then weaned.  However, my OB told me it was going to be very difficult for us to get pregnant while I was EBF....imagine my surprise when I got a BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

My girls are 18 months apart, DD #1 was 9 months old and still bfing when I got pg with DD#2.  It did take us loger to concieve DD#2 I think because I was bfing and my cycles weren't totaly normal yet.  I also had a scary episode right before the oldest turned 1 and I was 3 months pg.  I began bleeding and thought I was having a m/c.  DD#2 obviously ended up fine but the theory was that the bfing is what caused the bleeding, I weaned DD#1 right after that and I never had anymore problems.

Take a while to enjoy baby #1 before you jump into 2 under 2.  It is not an easy thing to do and you absolutly need to be positive it is the right thing for your family before you do it.  The first year is difficult, after that it starts to get easier, but is by no means easy.

• Options
    I got Af  back when DS was 11 1/2 months old. We were still BFing several times a day, but our schedule got messed up druring our evacuation from huricane gusav. Anyway, I was regular after that an we started TTC 2 months later and got bfp w/ that cycle. My LOs are 2 years and 2 days apart. I continued to BF throught my pregnancy and am still BFing both kids. This will not work out for everyone. GL to you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"