Pennsylvania Babies

How much do you pay for babysitting?

Re: How much do you pay for babysitting?

• I paid $10/hr this past week at my sister's house for a college girl for DS (about 6 mos) and my two nephews (8 & 9). I think it will vary a lot depending on who you have doing it - 13 year old vs college/adult.
  • I pay $10 per hour for a college student.
  • Loading the player...
  • I currently babysit for a woman whose son was in my class while I was teaching. I have been his sitter for 3 years now and she pays me anywhere from $40-$50 for the time I watch him depending on how long (avg's out to be $10 an hour) But she also provides me with a meal every time or money for a meal and leaves me her car in case I need to go anywhere, this way the car seat is already in it. Now grant it I am an adult, but you pay for what you get. If you treat your sitter with respect and respect for how they take care of your child/ children you willl feel at peace leaving your child with the sitter and help to ensure that you keep the good sitters around. I do think there should be a screening process if possible cause you can't be too careful these days with who you let watch your children, but if you want a good dependable sitter that you can trust you should be prepared to entice them to keep coming back as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"