Parenting after 35
Options

Poor Constipated Baby

Hopefully the prune juice I gave him earlier will do the trick.

But cereal in addition to prior pooping issues equals doodie nuggets and an uncomfortable baby.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!

Re: Poor Constipated Baby

• Options
    Awww poor Aaron!!  (and poor Robyn too)  Tell him what Pumpkin used to say every time she pooped as a toddler, "Pwuuush!!  Sqweeeeeze!" 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Shelley, I literally chuckled while reading that! Thanks!

And this isn't anything new for Aaron. Poor little guy. Nor is anything new for me. He, unfortunately, seems to have inherited my digestive issues (and my mom said it runs in the family). But the last time I gave him prune juice it caused several days of poop?both icky and normal.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Poor little man. So uncomfortable.

In cse the prune juice fails, our pedi rec Flax seed oil 1-2 tsp (in her bottle) twice daily. It really does the trick nicely.

Also, sometimes when I change Ada's diaper she will poop some more mid-change (I love it when this happens Tongue Tied). I can push her knees to her chest and this seems to give her a little extra steam to get the monsters moving.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Peeper Summarized
  • Options
    Awwwwwww Sad *doodie nuggets* sounds really awful. I'm sorry!
  • Options
    poor little A!  Yeah, that cereal makes it harder.  I am still giving it to her only once a day til I get back to LA.  I am afraid it will start stinking like crazy!
  • Options
    awwww, poor little man, i've seen a few of those "doodie nuggets" myself after starting the cereal. I'm sure you've thought of everything to help him, hopefully once he gets used to more veggies, it'll be an "easier move" ....sorry, couldn't help myself ....I know i'm sad.   LOL
    image Nicholas Jacob born on 06/30/2009, 9.5lbs and 21 1/4" long Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Joshua Scott 5.3lbs & Jonathan Matthew 6.2lbs, born 08/31/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Awww!

Poor Aaron!  I hope the prune juice helps!

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    Careful with the prune juice.. it sometimes works TOO well.  I've heard that apple juice has a similar effect, and not quite as drastic.  GL
  • Options

Well... no poop as of bedtime last night. He's still sleeping so I hope he's not sleeping in poop (as much as he needs to go).

I'm amazed how cheerful he is, considering how plugged up he is. He has such a good temperament and I'm so lucky with that.

• Options

Evening update... still no action.

Gave him more prune juice and stuck a thermometer up his butt to "stimulate" things (per my pedi). If no poop by tomorrow, I may have to take him in. Oh joy.

• Options

Awww!

Have you tried a tiny bit of vaseline on the thermometer? My mom claims that helps.

Good luck!

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

First.. LOVE the new pic of Margaux in your sig!

Second... did that.  The vaseline on the thermometer. So far... nada.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"