North Carolina Babies
Options

the bumper debate

Once Zoe started to roll, we took the bumper off her crib. Now she rolls around so much and lifts her feet (so she can grab them), she gets her legs stuck between the crib slats. This causes much screaming and then takes forever to calm her down to get her to sleep. Would you put the bumper back on? I really doubt she'd suffocate on one as she is excellent at pushing up and rolling in each direction.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: the bumper debate

• Options
    We have had the bumper in since day 1.  I am sure Allie would have lots of bruises from rolling, etc if we didn't have it in.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I took the bumper once she was moving in the crib and used a breathable bumper until around 8 1/2 months because at that point she was standing in the crib and stepping on it and since it is just velcroed on it was coming off. The breathable bumper gave me peace of mind for the time being, we also use a breathable blanket that I love.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What about getting a breathable one?  That's what we've always had and we really like it. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Sweet Girls

• Options
    I would try a breathable bumper, that way you would feel better.  Although if she's kicking her legs through, I'm not sure if  bumper will really help, I guess it depends on how high her legs are when she's kicking them through.  Definitely try a breathable bumper though, it might work.
  • Options
    We have the breatheable one - started using it as soon as she rolled over and started sleeping on her belly and all over the crib.  It doesn't protect her from bashing her head against the sides (it's super thin) but it keeps her limbs in.  She (at 8.5 months) is pretty close to un-velcroing it, but for now, it's still okay.
  • Options
    We still have the regular bumpers in. I don't plan on taking them out until he can use them to assist in his escape attempts. Big Smile
    image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • Options
    Same as Marie. I wish we could have kept the original ones in, but DH insisted when he saw her face smashed up against it once.

Katie, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Zach, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Photo courtesy from the amazing Ever You Photography!

• Options
    We took Holly's out when she started rolling all around and replaced it with a breathable one, then put the regular one back in once she was really good at rolling. Once we lowered the crib mattress all the way, we put the breathable one back in, mostly because we couldn't lower the crib side with the thick one. She gets her arms & legs stuck in the slats without something there.

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Options
    We did the breathable from 4.5 to 8 months, then put the regular ones back in - Will loves sleeping snuggled up next to them.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    we use the regular bumper and always have.
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We have the bumper in and always have. Keira would be bruised from head to toe if we didn't!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers /">< imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    Im not sure I understand taking the bumper out after they can roll.  To me if they can roll they can get away, right?  I guess this goes to show Alex still has his bumper and I never removed it.
  • Options

imagebecki777:
    We still have the regular bumpers in. I don't plan on taking them out until he can use them to assist in his escape attempts. Big Smile

This. And we're still using them.

• Options

imagetoadslove:
    Im not sure I understand taking the bumper out after they can roll.  To me if they can roll they can get away, right?  I guess this goes to show Alex still has his bumper and I never removed it.

I was okay w/ the regular bumpers until DD started rolling and moving.  Before, she just laid in the middle of the crib.  But once she got mobile, she is always faceplanted into the sides.  Like, her nose is smooshed into the rails.  I'm a worrier by nature, so I took the fluffy bumpers out and put the breatheable one in.  I know that theoretically, since she can roll/move, she could roll away if she couldn't breathe, but I know I wouldn't be able to sleep wondering all night if she was okay.  But that's my own personal anxiety issue!  =)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"