Adoption
Options

Where did you buy your nursery furniture?

DH & I want to buy the crib/changing table in the next week or so and have been looking around for a while now at various places to get an idea on prices. I was just wondering if you could tell me where you bought yours at? Right now, we like ones at Babysrus & Target. Target's price is better so far but I'm still not 100% sold on any at either store. The ones we REALLY like are soooo expensive! So where did you buy yours & do you love it? Also if you don't mind, about how much did you spend on it? TIA! I hope everyone has a great day!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Where did you buy your nursery furniture?

• Options

We bought our crib at WalMart. It's this one:

https://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10759834

It was about $200, and they delivered it free straight to our local store. It still needs a mattress, but we like it so far.

We lucked out with a changing table. We have a hutch from MIL that is chock full of storage, and the perfect dimensions for a changing table. We just put a changing pad on top and called it good!

• Options
    We got our crib at JC Penney.  It was real wood, very sturdy, nice looking and a great price.  I think it was regularly $359, on sale for $299 and then I had a coupon that made it less than $250 - an amazing deal for a wood crib (many of them are not made of real wood and much more expensive).  We used an old short dresser we had as a changing table.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Payton's furniture we bought at a local baby store -- it's the Baby's Dream Ocean line in Espresso.  We bought it wayyyy before we knew about Payton or were matched with her.  The lifetime convertible crib with drop gate (piano-hinged), and two dressers were $1600, including 10% tax.

When found out we were getting a second baby, we had to do some shuffling to figure out where we were going to put him/her.  We only have a 3 bedroom and our 3rd bedroom had a queen size guest bed that I didn't want to get rid of.  We decided to buy a less expensive crib option that wasn't a lifetime convertible, and have Jake move from the crib to the queen size bed when it was time for a big boy option.  His crib I got on sale from Amazon.com with free shipping and no tax for $120-ish.  It's the Graco Kendal model (not recalled -- it's dropside, but requires two hands to drop, not one).  My FIL and DH put it together in about half an hour and it looks great.  I was pretty surprised.  Check Amazon frequently -- they have really good deals on baby stuff that rotates daily.

• Options

We bought our crib on Black Friday, online, from BRU. It is the DaVinci Rivington in cherry. It was marked down to $169 and only $5 for delivery. Here is the link; https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3574873

We are looking for a dresser than can function as a changing table bc our nursery has a twin bed in it and we want to leave the bed there. We do have a nice closet storage option so we may end up with just a changing table.

Photobucket My Favorite Part of Spring~Red Sox Baseball!
  • Options
    We bought our convertible crib and changing table for the nursery from Babies r Us.  The crib and changing table + mattress was around $700.   We bought another convertible crib and mattress when Ben grew out of the PNP for our bedroom from JC Penney.   It was around $400.00  We loved both of them. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We bought our crib at Walmart.  Its a Storkcraft 3-in-1 crib in Cherry.  We had to buy it in a rush with our first (failed) placement.  We really like it though.  It does have a drop side but not one that was included in the recall since it requires two hands.  I think we paid somewhere around $200.  We re-purposed a dresser for her dresser/changing table.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We went to BRU for ours we just got it at thelast black friday  we got a deal buy the 2 dressers and get the crib free the one dresser is he changing table for the 2 dresserss we paid right around 1000 the crib is norally 429 i hink its eastside by babie Italia in cherry the crib is a lifestyle crib thats goes to a double bed it look wonderful have not used it have not had a match yet. the one we had fell through but we know it will happen so we wanted to be prepared
    Proud Momma of our daughter Charlie! She found her forever home August 2010 Hope to be the proud momma of #2 in July
  • Options

We bought DS' crib and dresser at a local baby store. The furniture is made by Munire.  It is beautiful, but we paid a small fortune for it.  I'm glad we have the furniture, but I don't think I would go that route again.  Our beautiful cherry color crib has light colored scuff marks on the outside of the rail, where DS bit into the wood when trying to climb out of the crib.  We have to touch it up, because that scraped side of the crib will be the footboard to his bed very soon.

We are taking the opposite approach with DC #2.  We will be getting an inexpensive crib and dresser, and then replacing it with "big kid" furniture when the baby outgrows the crib.  I don't care about getting the fancy convertible set again this time.    We just need a place for the baby to sleep until he/she is ready for the big time.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

We splurged and bought a dresser, nightstand, and convertible crib by Capretti.  We bought through DirectBuy (you need a membership), but they also sell at smaller baby furniture stores.  All three pieces were about $1500, but I think retail runs around $2500 for them.

We probably didn't need this type of furniture - the kid will likely beat it up pretty good - but it will grow with them into childhood.  And it's quite lovely - which made me happy.

For the changing table, I just bought a simple one at Target in a matching style and finish.  The difference is almost undetectable.  I put some of those Cubeical storage bins underneath and it came out pretty cute.

2 years TTC with 5 losses, 1 year recovering, 6 months applying for adoption approval, and almost a year waiting for a placement. Then, a miracle BFP at age 36!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I actually got all of our furniture from Craig's list from three different people.  If you really search Craig's list, and check each day, there are some AWESOME deals for good condition furniture.  Our crib is a Delta Luv 5-in-1 convertible, doesn't even look used, and came with the full instruction manual.  We got a Storkcraft changing table and Armoire with very minor usage scars, and we got a glider in perfect condition with very THICK upholstery with the gliding stool from a third poster on Craig's list.

I checked for recalls on all items I purchased before I purchased them, and got everything for $350!!!  If you just looked at our nursery, you would never know the furniture was used, or wasn't part of a matching set.  It saved us tons of money to spend on filling up the room, instead of on the furniture!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for your responses! I just ordered our crib from Jcpenney!!!! It was the one we both agreed on and liked the most. I ordered the changing table from amazon because it was MUCH cheaper than getting the one that matched the crib exactly. I'm just glad we didn't end up spending a fortune! The crib was a little over $250 with shipping & tax *after I used a promotional coupon code* & the changing table was only $89! :) Thanks again for your responses! 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"