Oregon Babies
Options

New to Portland

Hi!

We just moved to Portland a few weeks ago from out of state.  We live in SE Portland.  Does anyone have any recommendations for pediatricians, resources for nannies, and maybe some mom and baby classes?  I've heard great things about Portland and I'm excited to be here!

Look forward to hearing from you all!

Re: New to Portland

• Options
    I live in Hillsboro so I can't help much but WELCOME!! :D
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    I'm also on the westside so I can't help with rec's in your area, but Welcome!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi! I'm in milwaukie! Where in SE are you? How old are your kids? I have all kinds of recs...
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I live in Sellwood.  Isn't that pretty close to Milwaukie?

We have a 7 month old baby.  I would love to hear your recs.  I've been having a hard time researching--my baby has not been napping since our move and has been wanting my attention constantly (he's also waking more at night---not a good combo).  He must be going through a phase.  It makes it difficult to get anything done!

• Options
    Oh, you are about 5 minutes away from me, ha! I'm typing on my phone, so I will fill you up with recs on Monday when I'm back at work! It's a great area, you will love it! Also my DD had a sleeping issue her entire 7th month...it sucked : ( she's almost 9 months old and just in the last few days has it gotten better...
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

so glad to hear!!!  It seems that 7 months is the magical month for sleep issues.  My friends back in Chicago are talking about the same issues.  He's actually sleeping now...here's hoping!

5 min-you're so close!  

• Options

Hi Welcome to PDX!

I also live in SE, but SE Portland near the Hawthorne neigborhood. I moved out from the midwest too=) Green Bay.

As far as recs, not sure if you will be staying home, but if your looking for childcare: Here are a few great places:

Childroots, Growing Seeds, Metro NE Lloyd Area

This website usually has some good info for recs.

https://www.urbanmamas.com

• Options
    Thank you!  From Wisconsin--so close to Chicago--well, closer than here!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"