Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Our new bodies

I'm having a hard time accepting my new body. I had a c section. My stomache is sooooo swollen. I had a whole bunch of stretch marks come out all over my belly. My feet are swollen. My eyes look so tired. I just feel like I look horrible. I can't wait till I'm able to get around better so I can get my hair done. It makes me sad. Everyone thought I looked so cute being fat and preggers, but now I'm just fat and swollen. Anyone else experiencing this? 

Re: Our new bodies

• Options

The swelling post birth is normal! Can last about 2 weeks. You've already got almost one week down. Chugging water really helps with that. Should help your skin to glow and look good too!

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yep- and it lasts a looooonng time. I just got back into my second trimester jeans this week- and I was so excited I screamed! No one prepared me for the Kate-gosselein pre-tummy tuck belly that would come post c-sec. I have a long way to go to get my "old" self back.

Bro, but look how many ants are on this trash can...
    Zach Rance 4 President

• Loading the player...
  • Options

It was about 12 weeks before I felt really good. The tummy will go down, the stretch marks will fade, when you can get your hair done, a pedi and a new article of clothing that fits you now and makes you feel great, even if it is new jammies.

My stretch marks were gone by 6m both times w/o a trace.

• Options

yeah.  I'm still swollen to the point that I can't get on all of my rings, I still have cankles, & I'm 30 lbs up from a little over a year ago.

I pretty much feel like shiit.

Sometimes it helps to look at Harrison & know that it was worth it, but it sucks when I think of the diet & exercise I have to go through to get back to "normal."  Whatever "normal" will look like now.

& somehow find that time to diet & exercise when I'm working full time with a 2-hour commute.  FML. 

• Options
    Yep. That was me. I was so sad after giving birth. I looked pretty good up until I gave birth. Then I was a fat swollen mess. I started looking much better after the first week.
  • Options

Ds is 5wks and I still have a little puff on my stomach from my csection. I figure it's a right of passage from having a baby!

Sure I would have loved to have left the hospital w/ my pre pg body but knew it would take some time to get that point. It will happen when it happens so Im not stressing out about it.

It will happen for you to. Give it some time!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm not gonna lie I hate my new body. I have no clothes that I like at this point but I am pretty confident that I will get back to a place I am comfortable with as long as I work hard. I am hoping that by this summer I am comfortable in my own body again. I know that it will take time and I am just trying to accept that at this point.
    imageimage
  • Options

I feel disgusting.  And I only have 4 pounds to  lose, BUT everything is different. Looking at my body makes me want to puke and can only imagine what my DH thinks of it.

I don't have time to work out either, I hope it will get better.

• Options

Yeah. My husband walked by me a few minutes ago and said, "Hey, nice ass." I laughed and said, "Are you serious?" as a vision of what my naked ass looks like popped into my head. I had to buy new jeans - three sizes bigger than my pre-pregnancy jeans. I feel like no matter how much weight I lose, my ass will never be small enough to fit into my old jeans because my hips are now so much wider! And the 49 pounds I gained seemed really funny up until now, when I realize that if I had stayed within the guidelines of what I should gain I would be back to my pre-pg weight now! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I hate it.   I gained a ton of weight, and am still swollen as f*ck 11 weeks later.   I still can't believe this is my body.
  • Options
    The swelling is normal after a C! They said mine would peak around 2 weeks, but its already started to go away.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"