Alabama Babies
Options

Pumping at work...question

I am getting really nervous about this.  There is really nowhere at my workplace appropriate to pump.  I COULD ask someone to let me use their office (like one of the vets) but that might be a little awkward if they have something that comes up or are out of town.  And will an insulated bag with an ice pack keep the milk cold enough during the day?  There are not a lot of young working mothers at my workplace.  I do know that I don't want to pump in the bathroom.  The only bathroom with any sort of privacy is also open to clients and isn't exactly the cleanest nor is there any place to sit other than the toilet...so it may be that my car is the only place.  I know Sarah's office provides a mommy room, but is anyone else in a sort of icky situation when it comes to pumping? I really want to BF as long as I can and hope to have a plan in place before I go on maternity leave.

Re: Pumping at work...question

• Options
    I really hope you find somewhere to pump.  There is a lactation center on campus here, but it's a few blocks from my office, so I'm in the same boat as you.  :-( 
  • Options

hey!

I would definitely ask your supervisor what they suggest.  The good news is that you can pretty much schedule the time you'll need to pump - so hopefully that will work.  I wouldn't want to pump in a bathroom either.

If you don't have a refridgerator  available, it's not a big deal to put the milk in a cooler or insulated bag w/ ice packs.  It will not spoil in that time frame at all. 

You could also bring a personal cooler to keep at your desk if you'd like. 

Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"