Trouble TTC
Options

I just got my period on provera- should I take the rest of the pills?

I'm new here so I'm sorry if this question has already been asked a hundred times but I'm a little concerned. My doctor gave me provera to take for 10 days because I haven't had my period in 3 months. I took the 4th pill this morning and now I'm bleeding (pretty heavy- not spotting). I don't know if I should keep taking the rest of them. I've read some posts on other sites that said if it happens at the beginning of taking the pills then you should just stop but if you only have a couple of pills left then you should finish. I was hoping someone here would have some advice Smile thanks in advance!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I just got my period on provera- should I take the rest of the pills?

• Options
    I wish I would have posted this question a few weeks ago, because I was in a similar situation.  I chose to stop taking the 4 pills because I was not excited about having to take them in the first place.  I took them to get AF so i could have my prolactin levels tested again.  A word to the wise:  if your AF is anything like mine, you will have LOTS of blood!  I was miserable with the heavy flow, soaking through a super tampon in like an hour.  Sorry I am no help with your question, just wanted to warn you!
  • Options
    I had thesame thing happen to me with a couple pills to go. My doctor told me to stop taking the pills. They are made to start your cycle if it starts before you finish then you don't need the rest of them. Hope this helps!!
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks! I ended up not taking the rest and everything seems to be going pretty smoothly.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"