Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Soothie...

I need help!  DD will ONLY take the soothie pacifiers they gave us at the hospital.  We bought similar round ones from the store and she hates them.  The hospital ones are shaped differently.  Sometimes I can get her to take an Avent paci but it's hit or miss.

Any ideas?  We can't survive with just two!

Re: Soothie...

• Options
    Buy them they have them at target for sure
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    we had the same problem ... they sell the same pacifiers the hospital has at BRU - theyre made by first years
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The kind we got are NOT sold in stores.  The kind in stores are round.  Ours is definitely Soothie brand but it is a med version and it is not round.  I also noticed ours are softer than the kind from the store...
  • Options

They sell the Soothie pacis and bottles at my Walmart.  Have you checked for them there?  I bought a couple and they're really cheap.  Here's the info embossed on our pacis...maybe you can get in touch with them to see where you can buy some in your area.  

www.childmed.com or 1-888-766-8443

ETA:  the ones I found at Walmart are round and identical to the hospital ones.  They had both newborn and 3 mos+

• Options
    Also, check with your hospital.  They sell them in the gift shop in ours.
  • Options
    imagecbjpl31:

They sell the Soothie pacis and bottles at my Walmart.  Have you checked for them there?  I bought a couple and they're really cheap.  Here's the info embossed on our pacis...maybe you can get in touch with them to see where you can buy some in your area.  

ETA:  the ones I found at Walmart are round and identical to the hospital ones.  They had both newborn and 3 mos+

I've looked around online and the kind we have are for hospital use only... they can't be purchased directly.  I have no clue why they are different.  Ours have an indent for their nose where the store kind are perfectly round.  I don't know why she won't take the round one.

We have the same info on ours and it is getting me nowhere.  The childmed.com website doesn't work and whoever I called said that we can't get the hospital version.

WTF.

I was hoping someone else had a picky baby and found a readily available paci that worked.  So frustrating!  I know the Soothies sold in stores are almost identical, but apparantly not identical enough for my high maintenance LO.

• Options

Okay that site works today.  I got so excited for a minute.

They only have the round ones :(  How frustrating!

• Options
    The first set of Soothie we bought were the wrong kind, they were too hard because apparently (we saw this after purchased) they were intended for 3m+ instead of newborn.  Also, I am not sure if this matches your description but there are some similar ones called Gumdrop which are sold on-line.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagecleigh11:
    No but that could work. They seem a little closer to our Soothie! Thanks I haven't heard of those before.
  • Options
    Call the H and ask if you can have or buy some. I am sure they will help you.
  • Options
    imageBrooke208:
    imagecleigh11:
    No but that could work. They seem a little closer to our Soothie! Thanks I haven't heard of those before.

This guy is the one who invented the soothie, so hopefully it is close enough.  I ordered some on Sat. and got them today:-)  GL

• Options
    imageBrooke208:
    imagecbjpl31:

I've looked around online and the kind we have are for hospital use only... they can't be purchased directly.  I have no clue why they are different.  Ours have an indent for their nose where the store kind are perfectly round.  I don't know why she won't take the round one.

We have the same info on ours and it is getting me nowhere.  The childmed.com website doesn't work and whoever I called said that we can't get the hospital version.

WTF.

I was hoping someone else had a picky baby and found a readily available paci that worked.  So frustrating!  I know the Soothies sold in stores are almost identical, but apparantly not identical enough for my high maintenance LO.

Well that stinks. I've never seen any different than what we got.  I agree with the post where they suggested checking with the hospital.  If they hear what's going on they will probly help you out.

• Options
    They like the hospital ones so much because they have vanilla in them. I found them online one a while ago....I will look around and see if I can find it again. 
    Miscarriage/D&E 10w6d 10/3/14 (baby's heart stopped beating)

Ectopic Pregnancy discovered @ 10 weeks 5/6/14 (Lost right tube and ovary)

Miscarriage @ 9 weeks 11/9/08

• Options

sorry I can't find it : (

If anyone has the little package/bag the pacifier came in, the brand was written on it. I googled that one night when a patient asked me where to buy them when I was working and I'd found a website to purchase them from. I can't for the life of me remember the site or find it. It wasn't the soothie site. When I go back to work in Jan I'll check it out again. Sorry can't help you sooner.

Try the gum drop ones, they might work.  

Miscarriage/D&E 10w6d 10/3/14 (baby's heart stopped beating)

Ectopic Pregnancy discovered @ 10 weeks 5/6/14 (Lost right tube and ovary)

Miscarriage @ 9 weeks 11/9/08

• Options
    If you call the hospital, they may feel sorry for you and just give you some. I hope!
  • Options

Weird, I've not noticed any difference.  He wouldn't take any other paci in the beginning.  We used the hospital ones, ones from Rite Aid, and ones from Target.

Now that he has a Wubbanub he refuses regular soothies. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"