Multiples
Options

Preeclampsia at 35 weeks?

Hi ladies! Looks like I have been officially diagnosed with preE as of today. My blood pressure was pretty high, the protein in my urine was +100 and I've gained 7 pounds in 6 days. I feel like I drink a ton of water, but don't really pee all that much. I have to do a 24 hour urine collection and had blood work done today too.

Can anyone share their experiences with preE at this stage? I'm hoping to make it to next week, but my OB said that if the results come back and the preE is severe that I could go in as soon as Saturday. Eeeek! I'm hoping to hold out until next week sometime at least. 

btw...as of Monday the boys are measuring at 6lbs 4oz and 5 lbs 5 oz!

Thanks in advance for any advice/experience!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Preeclampsia at 35 weeks?

• Options
    Not personal experience, but one of my friends developed preE at 35w (with twins) and she went into the hospital for bedrest after that...babies came about a week later and they weighed what yours weigh now!  GL!
    7/2009 - Gonal-F cycle #2 with Ovidrel trigger and IUI #5 - BFP! Twin boys born at 38 weeks 3 days! 8 months later...spontaneous BFP! And twins again! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had severe pre-e that was diagnosed the day I made it to 35 weeks.  My OB got the results of my 24 hour urine in the afternoon and called me to immediately go in for my c-section.  Our boys were delivered that night.  They required a two week NICU stay, but they are 100% healthy now.  I hope everything turns out okay for you.  Best of luck! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

At around 29 weeks my 24 hour urine came back at 270.  My doctors repeated it two weeks later, around 31.5 weeks and it was up to 990.  At 32 weeks exactly I went to the peri and he sent me over to the hospital to get another round of steroid shots and repeat the 24 hour urine.  This time it came back at 2700.  The babies were delivered the next day. 

I hope everything goes smoothly for you.  Hopefully you can hold out a little longer, but congrats on making it to 35 weeks.  I was really hoping to make it longer than I did. 

• Options

I had it start at 35w with my singleton pg... i was doing the 24 hour pee test when i got my 4th round of kidney stones and ended up back in the hospital for that... so my doc said it was time to deliver (36w) because he was probably going to induce in a few days because of my BP anyway...

lay on your left side a LOT... but know that if you give birth now it's OK- you have done a great job cooking them - hopefully you can hold out a little longer! Let us know!!

• Options

I was diagnosed with pre-E at 35 weeks - I was on modified bedrest at home until 36 weeks.. then I had a 3 day stay in the hospital for bedrest, then I went home for 3 days on bedrest (it was my birthday, so they let me go home for a few days).  They watched me and I was induced at 37 weeks - both babies were super healthy.

Good luck! Take it easy and stay well!

• Options

I was diagnosed with beginning signs of pre e at 33weeks1day and by 33weeks5days I was put on hospital bedrest and at 33weeks6days I deliverd my twins b/c I had severe Pre-e and Hellp.  Basically it was better for my body to have the babies out than in.  They were in the nicu for 3weeks and 2days and are now home:)  I had an emergency delivery and dh couldn't even be in the room with me for delivery and I was completely put under also.  It was a rough few days but I'm feeling back to my old self finally! 

Your boys sound like they are at great weights. Unfortunately I had all the symptoms you did and some.  But luckily you are a little further than I was.  I'll be thinking of you and hope all goes well. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

My BP, swelling, and protein continued to go up as I got further along, at 34w6d I was diagnoised with it and put on bedrest. At 35w2d, I woke up at 1am with a huge headache and pain on my upper right side, OB said to watch for those things, so we headed to the hospital. They ran bloodwork and my liver numbers were bad enough that they were worried about me and said the babies were coming that morning. Both babies weighed 5lbs 1ounce, DD came home with me and DS spent 26 days in NICU for RDS. I hope you are able to hold out another week, but be sure to watch for any signs that it is getting worse.

Our Blog TTC since 10/2004 Follistim+Ovidril+Metformin=BFP on 12/8/08 2 heartbeats-12/30/08 Betas- 10DPO-104 12DPO-274 Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

I am on strict bedrest at home for pre-e now but my protein levels were insane earlier in the week so I have to go in to be evaluated tomorrow.  I am really hoping that I don't get admitted.  I had mild pre-e wiith my son but made it from 33 weeks to 37 weeks on bedrest at home.  Your 24 hour urine will really show how sever yours is.  Plus they will monitor your bloodwork to make sure your liver is functioning okay.

Good luck.  I hope you can bake a little longer.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"