Philadelphia Babies
Options

Main Line OBGYN - first appointment

Can anyone tell me what happens at the first appointment (8 weeks). I am excited, and was wondering if there would be an ultrasound, or if I need to schedule that sepeately, or not all all this early on?

Re: Main Line OBGYN - first appointment

• Options

i am a patient of main line womens health. ?dr. dien is my doctor and i love him. ?i was unsure what to expect the first appt. too seemed like every office did some different things. ?

?i wasnt sure of my last period so they did schedule an ultrasound at another office right away just to confirm what the doctor already figured from the internal exam. ?so the first appt. was an internal exam, pap test for the most of the appt. they had me dressed in the office for more of a family history q@a. ?wasnt as exciting as i had hoped for however they were able to figure my due date almost to the day just by an internal exam! ?they give you forms for the blood tests you will need to get but they wont do them then and there you go to bryn mawr hospital and lab corp (they are all over the area). ?

really i know if you are anything like me you wanted that ultrasound asap. ?so, they did do the one right away. ?then they do a really in depth one a month or so after that if you opt for the downs syndrome test ( i suggest the test if for nothing else but to take advantage of a really in depth ultrasound) ?then another at 20 weeks when you can find out the sex if you want.

hope this helps and i didnt just ramble on. ?good luck?

• Options
    I go to Main Line OBGYN in the Paoli office.  I had an annual appointment scheduled for the day after I found out I was expecting, so some of the regular 8 weeks things, like blood work, were done then.  At the 8 week appointment I had my blood pressure and weight checked.  I had an extensive intake with a nurse. I was then put into the ultrasound room an was given an internal ultrasound.  They measured the baby and were able to tell my due date based off of the size of the baby (mine matched with my due date base off of my LMP).  We were then able to ask the doctor any questions we may have had.  The doctor also discussed sequential screening with us.  I have found all of the nurses and doctors there to be VERY friendly and helpful.  When I make my appointments I always ask what to expect at the appointment  and the nurse/receptionist is always willing to find out for me.  I hope that helps.   Good luck at your appointment. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"