Adoption
Options

We're being shown tomorrow

I'm not sure how many times we've been shown, if at all, with our attorney in our state --- b/c they won't notify us until we get a potential match --- but our out of state attorney just emailed me and said she just got back from a short vacation and our profiles were waiting on her.

She said they look great and she is actually showing us tomorrow to an AA mom who is due in March with a boy. Only problem she can forsee is the bm's she normally work with want local couples who can drive them to appts and all -- but she said we still have a shot and she will be showing us any chance she gets.

Weird actually KNOWING someone will be reading the profile lol. Here's to hoping at least : )

Re: We're being shown tomorrow

• Options
    Yay! Good Luck!!! I would be going nuts all day wanting to know how it went! :) 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How exciting!  Good luck!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Good luck!
  • Options
    Best of luck from me, too!
    2 years TTC with 5 losses, 1 year recovering, 6 months applying for adoption approval, and almost a year waiting for a placement. Then, a miracle BFP at age 36!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    That is exciting!
    Married on 3.20.2004. It took 30 month, 2 failed adoptions and IVF for our first miracle. We have had 9 foster kids since he was born and started the domestic adoption process when he was 10 month old, we had 4 failed matches in that time. After our daughter was born we brought her home and spent 2 weeks fearing we might lose her because of complications that came up. But Praise God all went through and she is ours forever! Expecting again after IVF Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
  • Options

Thanks ladies!

Don't worry, it's definetly on my mind and probably will be all day haha.

I have been told this lawyer tries to keep you up to date on when you're being shown. We opted to be shown for any race and gender, so we're not sure how often we will actually get shown just yet.

I actually LIKE knowing we're being shown instead of not because it helps me to know something is actually going on out there. Even if we don't get picked it's nice to know someone is reading about us and considering us.

• Options

Oh my gosh -- yay yay yay!!!  Isn't she funny on the phone?  She just yaps on and on and then when she's ready to be done with you she says "okay, bye!" and then hangs up.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you guys!

• Options

Sarah -- I actually still have NOT got to speak with her on the phone LOL! Isnt' that crazy?!

I wrote her an email the day our profiles were supposed to be in her office -- I was just making sure they got there ... and I never heard from her. Since she's so busy I didn't think much about it --- until I seen the email last night. She said she had been out of the office and our profiles were waiting on her when she returned. She said they looked great and she is actually going to show us today!!!

She made sure we knew most of the mom's chose closer families so they can have a closer relationship but she is going to show us every chance she gets.

She is super nice, even by email. She always seems excited! Thanks for referring me to her. I feel something good may come from her office even with the mom's wanting closer families. She has a good vibe. : )

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"