Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Holy bloat and batman

I'm seriously as bloated as a cow. I don't know what to do with my stomach, I've gained 3 lbs and its ALL in my stomach. I don't even know what it is, is it the progesterone? Am I retaining water? My pants don't fit Crying

Re: Holy bloat and batman

• Options
    The progesterone did that to me, it is the worst.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    That sucks.  Can you try a diarex?  Those work for me really quickly.
    dx PCOS on Metformin
    LO#1 - 19 cycles, 3 IUIs, 1 m/c, gonal-f, ganirelix, ovidrel, progesterone
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2
    Back on Met, PCOS diet, prepping for treatments 1/12

Good luck to the wonderful ladies of 3T
    Always cheering on my girls Gymnst1013 & MrsJohns
    My Chart / Info for Newbies
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Progesterone and water. Good times.

Eat a lot of salt, it will get the fluid out of your abdomen and into your bloodstream where you will pee it out. V8 works wonders. It will make you a bit swollen but at least it gets the fluid out of your pelvis.

I hope you feel better soon, that is just miserable!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Aw, that sucks! Ive never taken it, so I dont know. I hope you feel better girl!
    i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart)

Cooper+Evie=Soulmates

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options

Bah! That sucks!

That said, I hope that bloat doesn't go away for 9 months!

imageimage
  • Options
    imageMrsSummitCounty:

Bah! That sucks!

Exactly!!

• Options
    I had major bloat starting on saturday.  You couldn't pay me to step on a scale.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• Options
    Try Midol it has a diuretic in it and drink tons of water. That will help with the bloat even if it seems counterproductive. Bloat is the worst! I hate being a woman!

• Options

imageRileyGrace:

What is that? is it like a miracle pill?

• Options
    imagemeycitaa:

imageRileyGrace:

I would not be taking any sort of diuretic (or Midol or Advil) during my 2ww. You don't want to have any regrets.

• Options
    imageMrs.Johns:
    imagemeycitaa:

imageRileyGrace:

I would not be taking any sort of diuretic (or Midol or Advil) during my 2ww. You don't want to have any regrets.

Oh, I didn't realize Midol isn't good to take during the 2ww. I would just chug water then. It will help reduce bloat.

• Options
    imageMrs.Johns:
    imagemeycitaa:

imageRileyGrace:

Trust Mrs.Johns over me on this one.  Diurex is a water pill and always makes the bloat go away super fast for me.  But I have no idea if it's safe during the 2WW.  I've only ever used it when I knew for sure I had no chance.  Try Mrs.J's V8 trick.

I hope it goes away quickly!

dx PCOS on Metformin
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2

• Options
    imagelaurens1122:
    imageMrs.Johns:
    imagemeycitaa:

imageRileyGrace:

Oh, I didn't realize Midol isn't good to take during the 2ww. I would just chug water then. It will help reduce bloat.

Yeah it has sodium naproxen or whatever in it (Aleve).

• Options
    imageMrsSummitCounty:

Bah! That sucks!

You're too sweet. That would be awesome. I was thinking the same thing this morning as I was having a conversation with my mirror.

• Options
    imageRileyGrace:
    imageMrs.Johns:
    imagemeycitaa:

imageRileyGrace:

Trust Mrs.Johns over me on this one.  Diurex is a water pill and always makes the bloat go away super fast for me.  But I have no idea if it's safe during the 2WW.  I've only ever used it when I knew for sure I had no chance.  Try Mrs.J's V8 trick.

Sorry to contradict my dear. Better safe than sorry, you know how it is. :)

I still <3 you to pieces though! xoxo

• Options
    imageMrs.Johns:
    imageRileyGrace:
    imageMrs.Johns:
    imagemeycitaa:

imageRileyGrace:

Sorry to contradict my dear. Better safe than sorry, you know how it is. :)

I still <3 you to pieces though! xoxo

No, I'm glad you shared that.  I don't know if I would have used it during the 2WW or not.  Now I can add it to my STAY AWAY list!

Hope you're doing well.

dx PCOS on Metformin
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2

• Options

I would not reccomend taking any medications in the 2ww without clearing it with your RE.  And I'm pretty sure the active pain reliever in Midol is Naproxen, which is an NSAID (like Ibuprofen) and contraindicated in pregnancy.

Big Smile My unsolicited advice: Drink lots of fluids, make sure you're pooping regularly, and maybe do some gentle excercise if you aren't already.  You can increase your salt, but I wouldn't advise eating too much as it will make your bp go up.  (the reason you pee a lot after eating lots of salt is because your body is protecting your heart and regulating your blood pressure)  If you are having lots of gas that is contributing to your bloating, try lying on your left side with your knees drawn up a bit, this can promote good intestinal movement. :)

Good Luck, and I hope this bloat is for a really good reason! ;)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm pretty bloated also! My pants are about to blow off!! LOL
  • Options

Chug the water!  You will pee all day long but it will help all that bloat.  On a side note, I hope it's baby bloat and not just annoying "being a woman sucks sometimes" bloat!

DS1 ~ BFP - 1/29/10  EDD 10/9/10  Born 9/27/10!
    DS2 ~ BFP - 8/26/13  EDD 5/8/14  Born 5/1/2014!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Thank you all for the advice. I will stay away from any medicine, I don't want to take any chances. I've been eating salty foods but I admit I've been lacking on the fluids department. Mrs J, I'll pick up some V8 today.
  • Options
    Eat salt?  I've always been told to stay away from the salt because it makes you retain water.

• Options

image5ftsmall:
    Eat salt?  I've always been told to stay away from the salt because it makes you retain water.

It's different when you are on fertility drugs. I have found it really helps my ovaries and abdominal discomfort.

Yes, Mey, load up on water/electrolites too! :)

• Options

image5ftsmall:

I think she is admitting it was a mistake to eat salty foods!

• Options
    It has become apparent that I need some additional caffeine this morning.  Thanks for straightening me out!

• Options
    imagemari2003:

image5ftsmall:

I think she is admitting it was a mistake to eat salty foods!

I never said it was a mistake to eat salt. I told her to because it will move the bloating out of her abdomen.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"