Detroit Babies
Options

Henry Ford West Bloomfield?

Has anyone delivered at the new Henry Ford hospital in West Bloomfield?  If so, how did you like it? 

I read a post a while back about there being birthing tubs in all the rooms.  Do they have queen size beds, or the tiny hospital beds?

I want to have an all natural childbirth with a mid-wife and I'm curious to hear if anyone else has gone this route.  I live in South Lyon and I need to find out where I would have to go to see the midwives.  Do they work out of the same hospital?

Thanks!

Re: Henry Ford West Bloomfield?

• Options
    Have you also looked into Providence Novi?  They have a brand new Alternative Birthing Wing and Midwives.  I too live in South Lyon and it's much closer than W. Bloomfield.  Just wanted to throw that out there!  I'm not doing alternative birthing, but I've heard wonderful things about Providence.
  • Options

We are going to deliver there in April.  As far as I know, they just have regular hospital beds.  I've had to go there for several u/s & every time, the techs rave about the L&D.  I'm really excited.

Providence's ABC has queen-size beds.  My friend just gave birth there in Oct. & said it was a fantastic experience.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I don't think Providence in Novi has an alternative birthing unit, does it?  I did a tour and I don't remember seeing it.  But it is a very nice hospital.  Unfortunately they don't have birthing tubs.  It's a brand new hospital and I'm bummed that they didn't put any tubs in there.

The ABC in Southfield only has 3 rooms.  I just gave birth there in Sept.  It was great, except the nurse didn't let me go in the tub.  She said it would slow my labor.  Funny cause my labor went fast.  I wrote a complaint. 

Anyway, if anyone delivers at Henry Ford please post!!!  I'm already planning the next baby : )

• Options
    imageMCapler:

I don't think Providence in Novi has an alternative birthing unit, does it?  I did a tour and I don't remember seeing it.  But it is a very nice hospital.  Unfortunately they don't have birthing tubs.  It's a brand new hospital and I'm bummed that they didn't put any tubs in there.

The ABC in Southfield only has 3 rooms.  I just gave birth there in Sept.  It was great, except the nurse didn't let me go in the tub.  She said it would slow my labor.  Funny cause my labor went fast.  I wrote a complaint. 

Anyway, if anyone delivers at Henry Ford please post!!!  I'm already planning the next baby : )

Providence Novi definitely has birthing tubs and an ABC.  You must have taken the tour of the regular birthing wing.  I have the info on it from my OBGYN at home because she is out of Novi and I will be delivering there in the regular birthing wing.

• Options

I delivered there in November.

I had DS #1 at Huron Valley and was much happier with Huron Valley.

If you want to PM me, I will be happy to give you more details on Henry Ford! 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Hello CMM05.  Yes, I would love to hear your experience.  I'm not sure how to PM you though.  Can you send me something?  I went to your profile and nothing is showing up.

Thanks! 

• Options

I delivered there in late August and had a great experience.  I would highly recommend midwife Janice McIntosh through Henry Ford.  I had a complicated pregnancy and delivered with an OBGYN, but she helped care for me during labor and was a huge support. 

They have regular sized beds and I believe most, if not all rooms, are equipped with tubs for labor.  The rooms are huge with lots of ammenities and the food is quite good. 

My son was hospitalized for 10 days and the hospital staff and nurses were amazing and accomodated us with a family room to sleep in until he was discharged.  If you are thinking about breastfeeding, Gayle, the lactation consultant, was very accessible and worked hard with us.  We had a rough start, but I was highly impressed with our care at this hospital.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am delivering there in April. So far I have loved it! I have all of my appointments there. 
  • Options
    Jan Macintosh is my midwife. ( I am due with my first in May)  I absolutely love her!!
  • Options
    Wow! I am so glad to hear there a quite a few ladies out there who have or will be delivering at Henry Ford WB. I will be delivering there in June and can't wait! Everything I have heard about the hospital is wonderful. We have our tour of the hospital in just a couple weeks and our birthing class starts in March. I would love to hear more from other Moms and Moms to be that have or will be delivering there!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"