Babies: 3 - 6 Months

How long is unopened formula good for?

I have 4 containers and a box of single packets of formula that I received as "gifts" from Similac, Good Start & Enfamil. How long are they good for? There aren't any dates on them.

Re: How long is unopened formula good for?

• on the bottom of the can there should be a date that is actually stamped into the metal. i believe all manufacturers are required to put it there.
  • are they like the individual bottles or the larger ready to feed kind?

i believe the individual one's for similac do have dates on the bottom of the bottle, that's what we use, however if they don't i think its about a year from the time they are packaged, unopened. once opened anything ready to feed is 72 hours & must be refridguated. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Nope, it's totally random numbers and letters on mine. Probably because they are samples? IDK

I'm just wondering if I should give them away or hold on to them in the chance I end up having to ff down the line.

• WOW, I'm a dumbass! Can I blame it on the hair color? Embarrassed  It is literally printed into the metal, not a stamp. So yeah they all have it and they're good for a while after dd turns 1. I'll just hold on to them in the chance I'll end up needing them and still be able to give them away if I don't.

TIA

• I would hold onto it. Formula as previously mentioned is typically good for a year as long as it's unopened. If you just stick it in the pantry it will be there in case of an emergency. You never know when you will get sick or HAVE to take something that will prevent you from feeding/pumping for a day/week. Better to hang onto it and be safe than sorry.
  • all i know for sure, is unopened ready to feed formula is best kept at room temp & once opened must be used within 72 hours.

have you tried googling the similac or other brands website? maybe they have some sort of hidden info somewhere 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"