Special Needs
Options

Woohoo! A new word!

DS's SLP has diagnosed him with dyspraxia, so getting new words out of him is very slow.  It tooks us about 6 weeks to get "push" (or "buh", as he pronounces it).

When I picked him up from his SN preschool today, he looked right at the teacher, waved and said "bye-bye".  Then as we went to walk down the hall, he waved and said "bye-bye" to a little girl from one of the "typical kid" classrooms who came to each lunch with his class.  And then he waved and said "bye-bye" to the school.  I was grinning like the Cheshire Cat.

His pedi lives across the street, and pulled up to her house just as we got home.  So I had to test it again -- we went across the street to chat, and then he waved and said "bye-bye" to her too.  Can't wait till DH gets home to show him.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Woohoo! A new word!

• Options
    That is awesome! I just love having days like that!
  • Options
    YEA!!!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Very cool!
  • Options
    Thankfully, he continues to use it still.  He did it for dad last night, then waved and said "bye-bye" to his crib this morning when we were leaving the room, and waved and said "bye-bye" to Mickey when I told him his Mickey Mouse Clubhouse computer time was over.  We even made a game of it today when he was sitting at the table with dad.  He'd blow a kiss at me, I'd blow one back, and then he'd wave and say "bye-bye."  I'd walk out of the room, wait a few seconds, and then come back.  He'd be watching for me, giggle like mad, and then we'd start over again.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"