Alaska Babies
Options

How we doing AK Mommies?

After this huge snow, my DH won;t stop talking to my belly and telling the LO to wait to come out when it is not a snow storm.  We have to drive to Mat Su Regional from Eagle River, but I wouldn;t trade my doc for the world! 

March 21, I find out how far along we are. :)

Re: How we doing AK Mommies?

• Options

Hello! Wow, I haven't been on here in awhile :) Nice to see people posting

I can't believe how much snow we've gotten! Hopefully we won't get another big dump before your due date.

• Options

I hear ya!  I'm not due until March, but we have to drive to Providence from Wasilla.  And if the past few years are any indication, the roads will still be pretty crappy then.  But at least I don't have to drive to Anchorage for work anymore!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm in Hollis and my doctor is over in Ketchikan, a three hours ferry ride! Hopefully I'm in Ketchikan before the baby decides to show up!
    Flying Solo, Formula Feeding, Working, Loving Life Momma of One. Image and video hosting by TinyPic ::NEW POST ON 2.7.2011:: Come Today, Blue Skies Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
  • Options

Yikes!  I have been really surprised at the lack of snow that we've had here in Ketchikan.  I should probably say that I'm from the south originally so I had high hopes for lots and LOTS of snow =)

I'm not due til May so I'm sure things will likely be perfect here by then... well, seeing what it looks like now in December/January.

Keely!  I am really surprised to see another Ketchikan Mama on here!  Yay! 

• Options

I cannot believe that we had about two inches of snow and it's all of a sudden gone! Ridiculous!

I stopped by my hometown, Petersburg, and saw that there was soooo much snow there I was very glad not to be there!

I'm really not a snow person, haha.

I'm glad that there's another Ketchikan mom on here too Katie!

I have a friend in Wrangell who is planning on coming to Ketchikan to have her baby boy in April, hopefully I'll get to see him. She's been giving me some tips on morning sickness and stuff.

Did you get much of that, Katie?

Flying Solo, Formula Feeding, Working, Loving Life Momma of One. Image and video hosting by TinyPic ::NEW POST ON 2.7.2011:: Come Today, Blue Skies Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
  • Options

I'm also from Wrangell, going to be going to Ketchikan to deliver, but not until August... So I still have a while. :) It's neat to see how many people are SE AK folks! :)

Hope everyone has a nice day. :)

• Options

I'm loving the Ketchikan ladies... :)

For pretty much the whole first tri I was feeling sick but I only actually got sick twice during my 9th week.  I was definitely blessed in that department because I absolutely HATE vomiting... I mean, not that anyone likes it but hopefully you get what I'm saying, haha! 

Oh and really the only thing that "helped" the feeling ease up a bit was cinnamon.  I really just ate what sounded good and avoided things that triggered the nausea feeling.   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"