Minnesota Babies

Macy's 8th Floor Display...

I know some of you all got together and went to see it yesterday and I'm just curious as how it went and what the theme was this year?

Hope you all had fun! Smile

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Macy's 8th Floor Display...

• We took Olivia a couple weeks ago. The theme was A Day in the Life of an Elf...we didn't go last year, but I believe it was the same theme. I thought it was really good, but seemed really small this year...like not as much to look at. I liked it though.
    Ashley & Christian
  • I believe it's the it's the same as last year as the pp said.  I went last year, while pregnant.  I may be a Scrooge, but I was not that impressed.  That was my first time to see the Macy display and I was disappointed.  It took us three times as long to wait in line as it did to walk through it.  Maybe I'm just not into the crowds and stuff. 

• Loading the player...
  • I went the other day with the group from thebump.  It was also my first time ever going to the 8th floor display and I wasn't super impressed either.  And Santa was pretty expensive, so none of us actually waited to see him.  It was a little bit of a disappointment, but nice to see the other moms.
  • as someone who go every year I will say since Macy's came to town they really killed it. It's really short I would recommend not going on a weekend or when kids are out of school as you will wait in line forever. But if you do have a little time to go I would say go as I fear Macy's will cancel it due to low numbers.

As far as how much my little man liked it, I will never know as he fell asleep right before we want in & woke up as soon as we were done. 

• As others said I was disappointed, I thought it looked neat, but was very short and not worth the trip downtown for me, but I agree it was nice to meet other moms.
  • I go every year and yes, it was the same as last year but it is definitely shorter than normal. We went on a Friday afternoon and it wasn't too busy. We were there at about 5. - Everyone was lining up for the Holidazzle so there wasn't much of a line. We visited Santa too. You don't have to pay to see him but the pictures are somewhat spendy. It was either $12 or $15 for a 5x7...we got one because I have one from there from the time I was a baby until my sister stopped believeing about 3 years ago.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"